From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Gothamist LLC is the operator of twelve city-centric blogs worldwide that focus on news, events, food, culture, and other local coverage.
The namesake blog, Gothamist, focused on New York City, was founded in 2003, with launches in other cities shortly thereafter. Other blogs operated by the company as of April 2009 include LAist, Bostonist, DCist, Phillyist, Chicagoist, SFist, Austinist, Houstonist, and Seattlest in the United States, as well as Londonist and Shanghaiist internationally.
Canadian blog Torontoist was launched by the American company, but was transferred to local investors in April 2009, while retaining its "-ist" name and remaining affiliated with the Gothamist network.
Gothamist was co-founded by publisher Jake Dobkin and editor Jen Chung. Dobkin and Chung are also credited as co-founders and as publisher and executive editor, respectively, of all other Gothamist-owned blogs.
The flagship Gothamist blog has received a number of awards and commendations, including six Bloggies nominations. It was named a "Forbes Favorite", and a BusinessWeek "Best of the Web". In 2007, Gothamist was named blog of the year by Wired magazine and given a Wired Rave Award.
- ↑ "media kit". Gothamist. http://www.gothamistllc.com/mediakit/titles/.
- ↑ Torontoist Is Here To Stay, Torontoist, 8 April 2009
- ↑ "City Blogs", Forbes, Web Site Reviews, accessed January 10, 2008.
- ↑ See slide number 4 of 13 in Joseph Pisani, Special Report: Best of the Web: Your Favorite Bloggers: BusinessWeek.com readers' Top 12 Choices from the Idiosyncratic World of Blogging", BusinessWeek, accessed January 10, 2008 (slideshow).
- ↑ Sonia Zjawinski, "The 2007 Rave Awards", Wired, April 2007, accessed January 10, 2008.
- Torontoist - owned by Ink Truck Media