Green Building XML
From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
The Green Building XML schema, referred to as “gbXML”, was developed to facilitate a common interoperability model integrating a myriad of design and development tools used in the building industry. gbXML is being integrated into a range of software CAD and engineering tools. This interoperability standard reduces the time to develop a building and also assures that when the building is put into operation it can meet the design intent.
NIST has studied building interoperability and determined more than $16B is wasted in the U.S. each year due to poor software integration and its impact on building and supporting a building. By extension, this poor interoperability results in HVAC and control systems that are not tuned to the "Design Intent" of the services engineer. Through standards like gbXML, industry can leverage their existing applications to achieve gains in interoperability that result in a myriad of cost and environmental savings.
Green Building XML Modeling Software
Green Building XML Analysis Software
- DOE-2 - widely used and accepted freeware building energy analysis program developed by the US Department of Energy
- eQuest - "enhanced DOE-2.2 + Wizards + Graphics"
- Green Building Studio Green Building Studio Inc
- Square One research 
- EDSL Tas 
|This article's external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. Please improve this article by removing excessive and inappropriate external links or by converting links into references.|
- Green Building XML Standards Site.
- buildingSMART International developer of ifcXML.
- IAI North American Chapter - a council of the National Institute of Building Sciences (NIBS) - developer of aecXML
- Machine 2 Enterprise - Blog Regarding Building Interoperability
- AECbytes - Analysis, Research and Reviews of AEC Technology
- Gehry Technologies - BIM Consulting and Technologies
- Bentley BIM - BIM Solutions
- Gridlogix - GBxml integration software for real time building integration
- Building Information Modeling at Autodesk - Information on Autodesk's Revit platform for BIM
- Vectorworks Architect by Nemetschek North America - Cross-platform BIM solution by Nemetschek North America
- German gbXML Website - Deutschsprachige Informationen zu gbXML