Heritage Web Solutions
From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Headquarters||Provo, Utah, United States|
|Key people||David Aitken, CEO|
|Industry||Internet technology services|
|Services||Web design, web hosting|
|Revenue||US$11.6 million (2007)|
|Website||Heritage Web Solutions|
Heritage Web Solutions is a web design and web hosting company located in Provo, Utah and founded in 2001 which specializes in creating custom websites for small and medium-sized businesses. According to Inc.com's Inc. 5000, in 2007 it was the fastest growing company in Utah, the 3rd fastest growing IT company in the United States, and the 22nd fastest growing company overall. The company was ranked 392nd for 2008 in the Inc. 500 list, and 49th in the list of top 100 IT companies.
The company started with a small investment from the then-larger Heritage Group, which is now entirely focused on this firm. Former CEO Brad Stone told the Deseret Morning News that due to the growth of his firm and others near Provo (which is also home to a large Novell facility) that the company had to begin hiring telecommuting programmers in order to keep up with demand. The Economic Report, a syndicated business and economy television program hosted by Greg Gumbel, announced in October 2008 that it would be featuring Heritage in an upcoming episode.
Heritage Web Solutions was started in 2001 by David Aitken with US $1000, startup money given to him by the owners of a mortgage refinancing company where Aitken was a manager. By 2005, the startup company had grown from one part-time employee to 65 employees, and the parent company had folded in favor of the new company. The company now has over 700 employees (including contract workers) and is planning to expand into the United Kingdom by the end of 2008.
Heritage is not currently accredited with the Better Business Bureau, although it previously had been accredited by the BBB for a number of years, during which time it had a "satisfactory" rating with the BBB. As of November, 2009 Heritage Web Solutions has a "D-" rating by the BBB under the BBB's new rating system. 
The BBB has received a total of 1,463 complaints regarding Heritage Web Solutions. The complaints to the BBB generally appear to be about service delays, customer service issues and refunds. Of the 1,463 complaints reported, 59 have been resolved and 4 were administratively closed by the BBB. The BBB website for this company states "The company states they are anxious to resolve their customer concerns....It is BBB policy to encourage consumers to attempt to resolve complaints with a company directly prior to contacting the BBB."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Kennedy, Linda T. (September 2008). "50 fast". Utah Business, p.4. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_hb3574/is_9_22/ai_n28580869/pg_4. Retrieved 2008-12-10.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 "No. 392 Heritage Web Solutions Provo, UT". Inc. Magazine. 2008. http://www.inc.com/inc5000/2008/company-profile.html?id=200803920. Retrieved 2008-10-05.
- ↑ Hooker, Richard; Monas, Steve (2008-11-17). "Web and Ecommerce". Shoestring Venture: The Startup Bible. New York: iUniverse. pp. 339–340. ISBN 978-0-5955-0651-4.
- ↑ "Heritage Web Solutions -- IT Services, inc5000 Article - Inc. Article". Inc. Magazine. 2007. http://www.inc.com/inc5000/2007/company-profile.html?id=200700220. Retrieved 2007-09-11.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Pierce, Sarah (September 2005). "Smart Ideas 09/05: Customized dollhouses, DNA testing and more". Entrepreneur Magazine. http://www.entrepreneur.com/magazine/entrepreneur/2005/september/79434.html. Retrieved 2007-09-11.
- ↑ Loftin, Josh (2007-08-24). "Fertile valley: Utah County firms surging despite labor shortage". Deseret Morning News. http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695203805,00.html. Retrieved 2007-09-11.
- ↑ "The Economic Report" Show to Feature Heritage Web Solutions". The Economic Report. 2008-10-24. http://www.prweb.com/releases/Heritage-Web-Solutions/Power-of-Internet/prweb1518084.htm. Retrieved 2008-12-10. "The producers of The Economic Report are pleased to announce that Heritage Web Solutions will be featured in an upcoming episode as part of the show's Business and Technology series on The Power of the Internet Supporting the 21st Century Business Environment."
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 "Heritage Internet Technologies BBB Review". BBB. November 2009. http://www.bbb.org/utah/business-reviews/web-designers/heritage-internet-technologies-in-provo-ut-10011699. Retrieved 2009-11-11. "BBB assigns ratings by evaluating businesses in the following categories: * BBB experience with the industry in which the business operates * The business’ length of time in operation * Whether BBB has information that the business does not have required competency license * Any known government actions against the business that are related to marketplace activities * Any advertising issues found by BBB * The number of complaints received by BBB from the business’ customers * The number of complaints received by BBB from the business’ customers that are of a serious nature * Whether the business has responded to complaints received by BBB * Whether complaints have been resolved in a timely manner or the business has demonstrated it made a good faith effort to resolve them * Business’ overall complaint history with BBB * Whether the business has failed to resolve the underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints * Whether the business has honored any commitments to BBB to arbitrate or mediate disputes and comply with arbitrator decisions and mediated settlements * Whether BBB has sufficient background information and clear understanding of business * Whether the business is a BBB Accredited Business * Whether BBB Accreditation was revoked because the business failed to comply with agreed BBB standards Ratings are determined by a proprietary formula that represents BBB’s opinion as to (1) the importance of each category, and (2) the appropriate score given to the business for each category. BBB assigns grades from A to F with pluses and minuses. A+ is the highest grade and F is the lowest. The grade represents BBB’s degree of confidence that the business is operating in a trustworthy manner and will make a good faith effort to resolve any customer concerns. Details as to any issues identified by BBB are contained in the business’ BBB Reliability Report. A business may receive an “NR” (No Rating) instead of a rating under circumstances that include: * BBB file is being reviewed or updated * BBB does not have sufficient information about the business * Recent activity requires further review by BBB BBB’s rating of a business reflects BBB’s opinion about the business based on information in our files and BBB experience. The rating is not a guarantee of a business’ reliability or performance, and readers should consider a business’ rating in addition to all other available information about the business. BBB ratings are subject to change on a daily basis based on changes in a business’ BBB file.."
- Salt Lake Tribune expanded coverage of the Inc. piece