From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|File:Logo of Icy Phoenix.png|
|File:Icy Phoenix Default Install.png|
Default install of the Icy Phoenix forum
|Initial release||20 May, 2007|
|Operating system||Web Server|
|Available in||English, Catalan, Dutch, Galego, German, Italian, Serbian, Spanish|
|License||GNU General Public License|
Icy Phoenix is a CMS(Content Management System) based on phpBB (an open-source Internet Forum package powered by PHP) plus many modifications and code integrations which add features to the whole package. Icy Phoenix has some features originally developed for phpBB XS Project which eas founded by Bicet and then developed by both Bicet (who later started slimbb) and Mighty Gorgon. Icy Phoenix has been created by Mighty Gorgon after he left the phpBB XS Project. 
- phpBB bulletin board and permission system
- CMS features allowing the creation of new pages and blocks (some of the functions are based on the abandoned IM Portal project).
- Overall template integration among all site sections.
- Many ready to use features: Photo Gallery, Downloads, Knowledge Base, Links, Chat.
- Multilanguage and multitemplate ready.
- Almost 100% XHTML and CSS W3C compliant.
Icy Phoenix has its own setup procedure which guides the user through the steps of the setup process. An upgrade file is provided to upgrade the package from standard phpBB and phpBB XS. At the moment the only way to upgrade from another premodded package is by downgrading it to phpBB (there is a written procedure for this) and then run the provided upgrade procedure.
Compatibility with phpbb mods
Many phpbb 2 mods work with Icy Phoenix and most can with a little effort be made to work on Icy Phoenix. There is a subforum of downloadable mods that have been made to work on the forum software at the official website.
English is the main language of Icy Phoenix, but it has been translated into other languages (alphabetical order): Catalan, Dutch, Galego, German, Italian, Serbian, Spanish. Many authors work on translations.
- At least 20 MB of free space in the folder you would like to install the package.
- Web server with PHP (4 or higher) installed and running (works best on Linux + Apache).
- MySQL (3 or higher) database with at least 1MB of free space.
- Ability to set CHMOD permissions.
These other requirements (even if not strictly needed) are suggested for optimal performance of Icy Phoenix:
- Web server with .htaccess capability
- Apache Rewrite Mod installed and running
- GD Libraries (at least 2.0.28) installed and running
- Register Globals set to OFF
- Official website
- phpBB official website
- (German)Supportes:Icy Phoenix