From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
An in-kernel web server is an unlimited HTTP server that runs in kernel space or equivalent. Also called "accelerator".
- Performance. The path taken by data from disk to network. Proper asynchronous zero-copy interfaces would make this available from user-space.
- Scalability with respect to number of simultaneous clients. Event notification of comparable scalability seems unlikely in user-spaceTemplate:Fn.
- Security: Kernel processes run with unlimited privileges.
- Portability. Every kernel needs a specific implementation route.
- Reliability. Failure in the webserver may crash the OS.