From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Intially due to non-availability of Indic typing tools or due to non-awareness of such tools Indian blogosphere was small. Later on, due to spread of awareness in this regard and due to developement and availability of Indic typing tools, number of Indian blogs started growing rapidly.
Indic language typing tools
Although the standard keyboard of Indian languages is InScript yet Phonetic transliteration based typing became most popular for unicode Indic typing inspite of its drawbacks. The two most popular phonetic typing tools of old times are Indic IME and BarahaIME. In 2007, with the advent of Google's Indic Transliteration tool in its blogging service Blogger, it became the tool of choice for new bloggers because it is based on dictionary and do not needs a learning curve.
Although Indian blogs are being written on various platforms yet Google's Blogger is most popular among Indian bloggers. It is due to the fact that it supports Indic Unicode and has rich features. In 2007, Indic language typing tool Google Indic Transliteration was also integrated in it, no need of separate Indic typing tool was left.
- IndiBlogger.in - Indian blogger community & directory
- Chitthajagat - Hindi blogs aggregator
- Blogvani - Another Hindi blogs aggregator
- HindiBlogs.Org - Hindi blogs directory
- BanglaBlogs.Org - Bangla blogs directory
- DesiPundit - an Indian human blogs aggregator (filter blog)
- BlogBharti - another Indian human blogs aggregator (filter blog)
- Chittha Charcha - Hindi human blogs aggregator (filter blog)hi:भारतीय चिट्ठाजगत