From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Ixquick is a metasearch engine based in New York and the Netherlands, and has provided over 120 million searches since 2004.  Ixquick was founded by David Bodnick (currently Ixquick's lead "Technologist") in 1998, from New York. It is now owned by a Dutch company - Surfboard Holding BV, which acquired this search engine in 2000. 
Ixquick returns the top ten results from multiple search engines. It uses a "Star System" to rank its results - by awarding one star for every result that has been returned from a search engine.  Thereby, the top search results are the ones that have been returned from the most search engines. Ixquick also can search in 17 languages, including Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish. Each language version includes local search engines.
Ixquick was re-launched on March 23, 2005, with many new features including a re-engineered metasearch algorithm, and an international phone and lowest-price directory. 
On June 27, 2006, Ixquick.com became the first search engine to delete private details of its users . IP addresses and other personal information are deleted within 48 hours of a search.  Ixquick also does not share its users' personal information with other search engines or with the provider of its sponsored results. 
Ixquick was awarded the first European Privacy Seal (EuroPriSe) for its privacy practices on July 14, 2008. This European Union-sponsored initiative guarantees compliance with EU laws and regulations on data security and privacy, through a series of design and technical audits.
As of January 29, 2009, Ixquick no longer records users' IP addresses at all.
- ↑ "Ixquick Search." http://www.metamend.com.
- ↑ "New Ixquick International Search Engine Unveiled[dead link]." http://www.hventure.nl. March 23, 2005.
- ↑ Shuman, Bruce A. (2001). Issues for Libraries and Information Science in the Internet Age. Englewood, CO: Libraries Unlimited, Inc.. p. 159. ISBN 1-56308-805-3.
- ↑ "IXQuick.com Q & A With David Bodnick & Alex van Eesteren." http://www.marketingshift.com. March 23, 2005.
- ↑ "Ixquick.com Eliminates 'Big Brother'." biz.yahoo.com. June 27, 2006.
- ↑ "http://ixquick.com/eng/protect_privacy_qa.html Privacy Q&A"
- ↑ Greenberg, Andy (February 15, 2008). "The Privacy Paradox". Forbes.com. http://www.forbes.com/2008/02/15/search-privacy-ask-tech-security-cx_ag_0215search.html. Retrieved 2009-09-12.
- ↑ "About Europrise"
- ↑ Rodriguez, Sarah (May 1, 2009). "Search engines besides Google? Who knew?". Special to Wisconsin Law Journal. Wisconsin Law Journal. http://www.wislawjournal.com/article.cfm/2009/05/04/Search-engines-besides-Google-Who-knew. Retrieved 2009-05-05.