From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (February 2009)|
|This article may need to be wikified to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. Please help by adding relevant internal links, or by improving the article's layout. (January 2009)|
Java CAPS or JCAPS, is a standards-based extensible software suite from Sun Microsystems involved in the Open ESB initiative. It is used to develop software infrastructure when a service-oriented architecture approach has been adopted. Java CAPS stands for Java Composite Application Platform Suite and is composed of several packages which help to integrate existing investments and deliver new business services in a SOA environment As with other Java technologies, Java CAPS provides no specific vendor lock-in and supports a variety of operating systems.
Since Java CAPS 5, the suite comprises adapters, libraries and an IDE critical for designing, writing, monitoring and testing business processes, although, in practice, the principal ones are:
- Logicalhost: in charge of hosting the applications deployed in it. Until Java CAPS 5, the chosen server was the Sun Java System Application Server 9, and since the latest version, it became Glassfish to support JEE. Typically, the logicalhost runs on a dedicated machine (Solaris, OS Tiger, etc.) and when started, refers to a domain, which is an instance of the Sun Enterprise Service Bus.
- Repository: a version control system which allows shared projects, version history and file-lock capabilities. As expected, users can log-in to the repository and access and modify files contained in it.
- Enterprise designer: the IDE necessary to see the repository, create business processes, collaborations, connectivity maps and deployment profiles. Business processes here are meant to be made following BPEL. The standard of BPEL here is not tied specifically to web services as it is to execution of activities, its inputs/outputs and possible exceptions in the message flow.
- Enterprise manager: the web portal to monitor the information flow through the BPEL diagrams, server logs, activity details, business processes' parameters and data, etc.. It can be accessed on port 15000 given the logicalhost IP or alias which would be the name of the machine running the server (http://logicalhost:15000).
All of these components can be customized during installation but it is recommended to leave default options. One of the major features exposed by Java CAPS is its adapters; these adapters are JCA compliant and glow due to the legacy system integration those provide.
The latest release from Sun is currently JCAPS 6.
- ↑ https://open-esb.dev.java.net/
- ↑ http://www.sun.com/software/javaenterprisesystem/javacaps/index.jsp
- ↑ http://developers.sun.com/docs/javacaps/installing/jcapsinstall.jcapsinstall_intro.html
- ↑ Java CAPS Basics - Implementing Common EAI Patterns; Chapter 10.2, Java CAPS Monitoring and Management