From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. Please help by adding reliable sources. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately, especially if potentially libelous or harmful. (February 2008)|
|Born||January 12, 1955|
|Occupation||Founder/Executive Creative Director|
Jeffrey Zeldman is an author and speaker on web design. He also runs his own web design studio, Happy Cog, and has maintained a blog, Jeffrey Zeldman Presents The Daily Report, on the topic since 1995. His most recent book is titled Designing With Web Standards. Zeldman co-founded the Web Standards Project (WaSP), a group of professional website designers dedicated to disseminating and encouraging the use of the standards promoted by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
Zeldman is held to be one of a vanguard of proficient visual designers who have adopted and promoted the use of standards-based, cross-browser solutions to web design problems, such as Adobe Flash. In particular, he has sought to destroy the myth that accessible websites have to be ugly or apparently “undesigned.” His books and websites have helped promote a general improvement in the technical, visual design, usability and accessibility of websites, through the use of XHTML code and CSS.
Zeldman has blogged and published independent web content since 1995. In 1998, he began the e-zine A List Apart, which focuses on best practices in web design and development, and co-founded The Web Standards Project, which persuaded Netscape and Microsoft to support the same standards in their web browsers. Once browsers supported standards, A List Apart taught designers to use them. Zeldman's book Designing With Web Standards brought standards awareness to a new international audience.
In 2007, 2008 and 2009, A List Apart conducted surveys of web designers, creating one of the first public pictures of the profession as it is practiced in the U.S. and worldwide.
Zeldman has long promoted Flash as an integral part of the free and open internet. Former or current employees of Happy Cog helped develop "sIFR", the Flash based text replacement commonly used by his team to execute custom fonts on a website.
- Taking Your Talent to the Web: Making the Transition from Graphic Design to Web Design (ISBN 0-7357-1073-2)
- Designing With Web Standards (ISBN 0-7357-1201-8; second edition, ISBN 0-3213-8555-1; third edition, ISBN 0-3216-1695-2)
|File:Commons-logo.svg||Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Jeffrey Zeldman|
- Jeffrey Zeldman Presents
- A List Apart
- An Event Apart
- 2007 and 2008 A List Apart Web Surveys
- Happy Cog
- The Web Standards Project
- "Jeffrey Zeldman Bites Back". Slashdot. 2000-05-18. http://www.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=00/05/18/1433233.
- Selling Jeffrey Zeldman on Selling, Khoi Vinh's Subtraction, 2006-10-10
- Jessie Scanlon (2007-08-06). "Jeffrey Zeldman: King of Web Standards". BusinessWeek. http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/content/aug2007/id2007086_670396.htm.
- Oliver Lindberg (2009-05-27). "Jeffrey Zeldman interview". .net magazine. http://www.netmag.co.uk/zine/discover-interview/jeffrey-zeldman. fa:جفری زلدمن