From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
ARTIO JoomSEF is a SEO (Search Engine Optimization) component for Joomla! Content Management System that rewrites URLs to be Search Engine Friendly (SEF) and to be human easily understandable. It works with multilingual sites by integrating JoomFish component support. It enables users full customization of wide-range of meta tags for any URL of the website and works with both Apache HTTP Server and IIS.
It is written in the PHP programming language and uses the MySQL database by default.
Main Features List
- rewrites original Joomla! URLs to be Search Engine Friendly and human understandable
- provides support for multilingual sites using JoomFish
- URLs internationalization
- wide range of editable meta tags for any URL in your Joomla!
- fully customizable URLs
- customizable 404 page
- helps you handle 301 redirects
- works with Apache and IIS
- online updates
- modularity - supports 3rd party modules
- caching of most used URLs to decrease DB load
- options to configure parameters per extension
- plug-in system - easily add more extensions for your components
- support for sef_ext.php files written for OpenSEF or SEF Advance