From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Born||17 August 1964|
Cross Houses, Shrewsbury
|Died||21 March 2007 (aged 42)|
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire, UK
Marriage and children
At the time of his death, he was married to his wife Paula, and had 12-year-old twins, one male and one female, but lived apart from his family after the breakdown of his marriage two years previously.
On the day of his death, Kevin Whitrick was in a chatroom on PalTalk and was joined by about 60 other users in a special "insult" chatroom where people "have a go at each other". He punched a hole in his ceiling and placed a rope around a joist and around his neck, then stepped off a chair. Some people thought this was a prank, until his face started turning blue. Some people in the chat room egged him on while others tried desperately to find his address. A member in the room contacted the police, who arrived at the scene two minutes later. Kevin Whitrick was pronounced dead at 11:15 p.m. GMT.
The death has been reported in the press and is notable due to the fear of it inspiring other suicides,  the possibility of the webcam footage being made available on the internet, and discussions over the culpability of web users who encouraged the man.
The police detectives traced about 100 chatroom users to question them about their role in the cyber suicide.  The Crown Prosecution Service has stated that none of the chatroom users will face criminal charges.
- Brandon Vedas died of a drug overdose while engaged in an Internet chat, as shown on his webcam.
- Abraham Biggs, 19, committed suicide by consuming significant quantities of pain killers and temazepam, and streaming his suicide live on Justin.tv under the name feels_like_ecstacy . Before he fell unconscious and subsequently died, Biggs was also chatting on a body building forum, where he had reportedly threatened to commit suicide on numerous occasions. 
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Bale, Joanna (2007-03-24). "Get on with it, said net audience as man hanged himself on webcam". Times Online. Times Newspapers Ltd. http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/article1560877.ece. Retrieved 2007-05-27.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Chatroom users 'egged on father to kill himself live on webcam'". This is London. Associated Newspapers Ltd. 2007-03-24. http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23390052-details/British+man+commits+suicide+on+live+webcam/article.do. Retrieved 2009-05-15.
- ↑ Live hanging shown on web - Alberta suicide-prevention groups brace for copycat deaths
- ↑ Keep online suicide footage offline: police
- ↑ Ungoed-Thomas, Jon (2007-03-26). "Police consider charging chatroom users for inciting cyber suicide". The Australian. http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21445333-2703,00.html. Retrieved 2007-05-27.
- ↑ "No charges over 'suicide' on web". BBC News. 2007-05-26. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/shropshire/6695197.stm. Retrieved 2007-05-27.
- ↑ "Net grief for online 'suicide'" BBC News, 4 February 2003.
- ↑ "Florida teen kills self in front of live webcam"Reuters.com