List of freeware type designers
From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
This is a list of creators of computer typefaces, usually distributed in TrueType format. Many of these designers also design shareware or commercial fonts as well. Only the most prolific, and best known creators are listed here.
While freeware fonts continue to be created, relatively few creators remain committed to releasing them on a regular basis. Many designers switched to commercial fonts exclusively - among them Nick Curtis, Jeff Levine, Paul J Lloyd and Ray Larabie - or quit creating fonts altogether during the 2000s.
Among the reasons many font creators stopped churning out freeware fonts included the hard work involved with creating them coupled with the few financial donations from users. Many freeware fonts are also found being sold on inexpensive CD-ROMs containing hundreds, or even thousands of fonts usually for around $10, often with the names and copyrights changed.
Most of the designers who switched to creating commercial, rather than freeware, fonts continue to offer their freeware fonts as such.
- Chank Diesel -  Charles R. Anderson, occasionally assisted by other designers
- Creation Freefont  - Masato Shimojima
- Nick Curtis  
- Fenotype -  Emil and Erik Bertell
- Vic Fieger 
- Font-a-licious -  - Ben Balvanz, inactive since 2002
- Font Diner -  Stuart Sandler
- FontMesa -  Michael Hagemann
- Free Tibetan Fonts Project -  - Christopher Fynn
- Iconian Fonts -  Dan Zadorozny, inactive during 2006 but returned in early 2007 with new fonts and a new site.
- Insanitype! -