From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
MIDletPascal is an Object Pascal compiler and IDE specifically designed to create software for mobiles. It generates Java bytecode that runs on any J2ME device. In September 2009, Niksa Orlic, who wrote MIDlet pascal, transmitted the source code to the Russian Boolean.name development community for feature development. MIDlet Pascal is now open-source, and hosted at SourceForge.
- generates low-level, small and fast Java bytecode
- full Pascal specification support
- parts of code can be written directly in Java
- SMS messaging
- HTTP connectivity
- user-interface (forms) support
- multimedia support
- user-friendly IDE
Because it runs on mobiles that don't have a console, the hello world of MIDletPascal is quite different from a normal Pascal hello world.
begin DrawText ('Hello, World!', 0, 0); Repaint; Delay(2000); end.
Issues with Anti-virus
Current versions of certain anti-virus (Norton, McAfee, ...) see any class file generated by MidletPascal as being a virus, "Trojan. Redbrowser.A", and automatically quarantine the suspected file.
This may be a false positive, because the RedBrowser trojan was written using the MidletPascal tool (see Notes from McAfee).
It seems antiviruses look for some specific class into the jar package. Using an obfuscator as JShink the midlet won't match with the AV dictionary.
- MIDletPascal homesite
- Since 2009, MIDletPascal development community (in Russian)
- Hello World J2ME
- An alternative forum for discussing programming on MidletPascal
- Sun Wireless Toolkit - A phone emulator that integrates with MIDletPascal IDE
- SourceForge MidletPascal Project Site - The open source project to develop and extend MidletPascal.
|File:System-installer.svg||This computer software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|