From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Type of site||Blog|
|Created by||Dan Abrams (Publisher)|
Colby Hall (Managing Editor)
Rachel Sklar (Editor At Large)
Glynnis MacNicol (Senior Editor)
Steve Krakauer (TV Editor)
|Launched||July 6, 2009|
Mediaite is a news and opinion blog covering the media industry. In July of 2009, it was launched by NBC legal analyst Dan Abrams, who currently serves as the site's publisher. The site's managing editor is Colby Hall. Other editors include Rachel Sklar, Glynnis MacNicol, and Steve Krakauer. In an interview with The Washington Post, Hall described the site as "Huffington Post meets Gawker."
One notable feature of the site is the Power Grid, a daily-updating list that uses an algorithm to rank over 1500 media professionals. The Power Grid uses a host of metrics, such as TV viewership and Twitter followers, to determine individuals' ranks in their respective categories. Mediaite has stated that the list will continue to "roll out new metrics, new categories of people to be ranked, and new features for the Power Grid."
After four months in operation, an analysis by media ratings blog TV By the Numbers indicated that Mediaite's traffic was comparable to that of similar blogs such as The Wrap and Deadline Hollywood Daily. 
- ↑ . The Washington Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/05/AR2009070502402.html?hpid=news-col-blog.
- ↑ http://deadspin.com/5308434/the-real-reason-you-should-hate-the-media-and-that-includes-us?skyline=true&s=x
- ↑ http://www.mediaite.com/power-grid-faq/
- ↑ http://www.mediaite.com/online/i-was-a-teenage-power-grid/
- ↑ . TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/11/05/nikki-finke-vs-the-wrap-vs-mediaite/32761.
|File:Crystal Clear app wp.png||This article about a blog, vlog, or other internet publication is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|