From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Type||Public (LSE: MONY)|
|Key people||Gerald Corbett (Chairman of the board)|
Simon Nixon (Founder and Executive Deputy Chairman) Peter Plumb CEO
|Revenue||£178.8 million (2008)|
|Operating income||£(54.5) million (2008)|
|Net income||£(59.1) million (2008)|
Moneysupermarket.com Group PLC (LSE: MONY) is a British price comparison website-based business specialising in financial services. The website enables consumers to compare prices on a range of products, including mortgages, credit cards and loans. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
The business was established in 1993 by Simon Nixon (a student at Nottingham University) and Duncan Cameron as a provider of off-line mortgage information to Independent Financial Advisors under the name Mortgage 2000.
In 2003 insuresupermarket.com was launched and in 2004 travelsupermarket.com was launched.
In June 2007 Duncan Cameron agreed to sell his 47% stake to Simon Nixon for £162m.
The Company derives its revenues from three main sources:
- Money vertical
- Insurance vertical
- Travel vertical
Critics have noted that websites such as moneysupermarket.com rarely include all products on the market and therefore any price comparisons are inaccurate.
- ↑ "Annual Report 2007" (PDF). Moneysupermarket.com Group. http://corporate.moneysupermarket.com/mony/financial/results/2008/ar2007/ar2007.pdf. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- ↑ My first million: Simon Nixon of Moneysupermarket
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Moneysupermarket.com:History
- ↑ Simon Nixon: Check-out tills ringing for internet guru
- ↑ Moneysupermarket.com IPO disappoints
- ↑ Moneysupermarket.com:About us
- ↑ Beware when you Compare - Guardian, Friday 22nd June 2007