From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
myExperiment is a social web site for researchers sharing Research Objects such as Scientific Workflows. The www.myexperiment.org Website was launched in November 2007 and contains a significant collection of scientific workflows for a variety of workflow systems, most notably Taverna. myExperiment has a REST API and is based on an open source Ruby on Rails codebase.
The myExperiment project is directed by David De Roure at University of Southampton and is one of the activities of the myGrid consortium, which is led by Carole Goble of The University of Manchester, UK. It is funded by JISC under the Virtual Research Environment programme and by the Microsoft Technical Computing Initiative.
Mentions in publications
- MySpace for the dudes in lab coats in New Scientist magazine, issue 2574, page 29. 21 October 2006.
- Nature Jobs Nature 451, 1024-1025 (20 February 2008).
- Reinventing Academic Publishing, Part 3 by Jim Hendler, in IEEE Intelligent Systems January/February 2008, page 2-3.
- Towards a cyberinfrastructure for the biological sciences: progress, visions and challenges by Lincoln Stein, in. Nat Rev Genet, 9(9):678-688. September 2008.
- THE article "Log on to a global laboratory: web 2.0 tools allow researchers to share ideas, data and results" by Sarah Collinson and Zoe Corbyn in the "Research intelligence" section, page 22 (1 January 2009).
A full list of publications is available on the myExperiment Wiki .
- De Roure, D., Goble, C. and Stevens, R. (2009) The Design and Realisation of the myExperiment Virtual Research Environment for Social Sharing of Workflows. Future Generation Computer Systems 25, pp. 561-567. doi:10.1016/j.future.2008.06.010
- De Roure, D., Goble, C., Bhagat, J., Cruickshank, D., Goderis, A., Michaelides, D. and Newman, D. (2008) myExperiment: Defining the Social Virtual Research Environment. In: 4th IEEE International Conference on e-Science, 7-12 December 2008, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA. doi:10.1109/eScience.2008.86
- De Roure, D. and Goble, C. (2009) "Software Design for Empowering Scientists," IEEE Software, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 88-95, January/February 2009. doi:10.1109/MS.2009.22