From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Type||Online Animation Community|
|Current owner||MyToons Holdings, Inc. Co-Founders: Paul Ford, Stacey Ford ,Dan Kraus|
|Country of origin||USA|
After four months of private beta, the site launched publicly in March 2007 during the South by Southwest festival in Austin, Texas, and began distributing member-created animation videos to Internet audiences worldwide. Three weeks after its launch, MyToons had received more than 1.5 million unique visitors.
In June 2008, MyToons.com became the first global animation community to offer users the ability to upload and view animations in High Definition. At this time, the HD animation contest Get With the Times! was also launched.
In January 2009, MyToons laid off a large part of its staff.
In April 2009, MyToons closed down completely after venture capital funding ceased.
- Adobe – Sponsor of Get with the Times! contest, June 2008
- MonsterJam Animation Contest – Co-Sponsor, May 2008
- The Second Annual Animation Book Look – Co-Sponsor, May 2008
- DRAW Exhibit, London – Co-Sponsor, March 2008
- 35th Annual Annie Awards, Hollywood, CA – Silver Sponsor and After-Party Entertainment Sponsor, February 2008
- Animation Army – Monthly Meetings Sponsor, 2007 – 2008
- INTERspectacular Design and Concept Studio – Bumper Blastoff! contest partner, December 2007
- Best In The Southwest Flash Animation Festival – Gold Sponsor, Albuquerque NM, October 2007
- Los Angeles Animation Festival (L.A.A.F.) – Major Sponsor, October 2007
- Animators: Andrew Gordon, Mike Wellins, Rusty Mills – Bust In and Win! contest Judges, September 2007
- Draw/MyToons Launch – Platinum Sponsor for DRAW exhibit & Gallery Lombardi, SXSW Austin, TX, March 2007
- ↑ About the MyToons Online Animation Community Mytoons.com
- ↑ MyToons.com Invited Animators and Artists to Share Their Wares, Business Wire, March 14, 2007
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 MyToons.com lays off some staff San Antonio Express-News online, January 29, 2009
- ↑ Streamingmedia.com: Limelight Networks Tapped By MyToons.com To Provide Flash Delivery Of Animations
- ↑ New HD Animation Technology Provides Highest Quality Experience For Animators And Fans Around the World On MyToons.com
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 MyToons.com to Deliver High Definition Online Animation Contest, Business Wire, June 24, 2008
- ↑ "MyToons.com Delivers Animations to Viewers On New Adobe Media Player"
- ↑ Mytoons.com co-sponsors MonsterJam animation contest
- ↑ WarnerBros
- ↑ Animation Book Festival Brings Artists and Authors to Sherman Oaks, CA
- ↑ MyToons Animation Site Signs on with Google Search Appliance
- ↑ MyToons Animation Site Inks Deal With YouTube Channel
- ↑ The Briefing Room » London Gallery Exhibits Drawings by Animation, Tattoo, Urban and Skateboard Artists
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 The Briefing Room » MyToons Celebrates Simpsons’ Creator’s Birthday And Opening of Spiderwick Chronicles IMAX Movie
- ↑ Annie Awards Welcomes You
- ↑ ANIMATION ARMY - The LA Social Networking Group for Everyone who's into Animation!
- ↑ New MyToons.com Animation Contest Launches With $7000 in Cash Prizes
- ↑ http://bestinthesw.com/PDFs/PressRelease10.02.07.pdf
- ↑ About LAAF 2007
- ↑ MyToons.com Contest Offers Artists iPhones, Motion Tablet PCs, and Cash Prizes | Business Wire | Find Articles at BNET
- ↑ Ottawa 07 International Animation Festival - 2007 Sponsors
- ↑ eigoMANGA - Anime Expo 2007 - Anime News Network
- ↑ Kalamazoo Animation Festival International
- ↑ MyWire | PR Newswire: Limelight Networks Tapped by MyToons.com to Provide Flash Delivery of Animations
- ↑ Draw