From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Nvu 1.0 editing Wikipedia main page
|Stable release||1.0 / June 28, 2005|
Nvu (pronounced "N-view") is a WYSIWYG HTML editor, based on the Composer component of Mozilla Application Suite and Gecko 1.7. It is a common WYSIWYG editor for Linux and is intended to be an open source equivalent to proprietary software like Microsoft Expression Web and Adobe Dreamweaver (although to date it is missing many features they possess). As a WYSIWYG editor, it is designed to be easy for novice users and does not require any knowledge of HTML or CSS to use.
Development of Nvu has been discontinued. KompoZer is the successor open source program.
The project was started by and sponsored by Linspire. Linspire hired Daniel Glazman, former Netscape Communications Corporation employee and CEO/Founder of Disruptive Innovations, to be lead developer.
The original plan in June 2005 was to merge back the numerous changes into Mozilla Composer's source code tree. Since then the Mozilla Suite has been discontinued (then reintroduced as SeaMonkey), and no one merged the Nvu code back into Composer.
Daniel Glazman announced in the course of 2006 that he has stopped official development on Nvu and he would be developing a successor to it. In September 2008 he announced BlueGriffon, written from scratch and based on Mozilla Gecko 1.9.x and XULRunner.
Nvu complies with the W3C's web standards. By default, pages are created in accordance to HTML 4.01 Transitional and use CSS for styling, but the user can change the settings and choose between:
- 0.1 was released on February 4, 2004
- 0.20 was released on March 25, 2004
- 0.3 was released on June 11, 2004
- 0.4 was released on August 10, 2004
- 0.5 was released on October 6, 2004
- 0.6 (1.0b) was pre-released on November 26, 2004
- 0.7 (1.0b2) was pre-released on January 6, 2005
- 0.8 (1.0b3) was pre-released on February 2, 2005
- 0.81 was pre-released on February 9, 2005
- 0.90RC1 was released on March 4, 2005
- 0.90 was released on March 11, 2005
- 1.0PR was released on April 5, 2005
- 1.0 was released on June 28, 2005
- KompoZer website, succesor of the defunct Nvu
- Official BlueGriffon website
- Mozilla Editor
- Extensions and themes for Nvu
Template:HTML editorsar:إن ڤيو bg:Nvu ca:Nvu cs:Nvu da:Nvu de:Nvu et:Nvu es:Nvu eu:Nvu id:Nvu fr:Nvu ko:엔뷰 hsb:Nvu it:Nvu ku:NVU nl:Nvu (WYSIWYG-editor) ja:Nvu pl:Nvu pt:Nvu ru:Nvu sk:Nvu sl:Nvu fi:Nvu sv:Nvu th:Nvu vi:Nvu tr:Nvu zh:Nvu