From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Type||Public (NASDAQ: OMTR)|
|Key people||Josh James, CEO|
John Pestana, (Chairman)
Michael (Mike) Herring, CFO
Omniture Discover onDemand
Omniture Discover onPremise
Omniture Data Warehouse
|Employees||> 1,000 (2008)|
Omniture is a publicly held online marketing and web analytics company based in Orem, Utah with offices worldwide. It serves customers in 75 countries worldwide. On September 15, 2009, Omniture agreed to be purchased by Adobe Systems..
The company was founded in 1996 and was backed by venture capitalists including Hummer Winblad Venture Partners, University Venture Fund, and Scale Venture Partners. During a period of rapid growth, the company was one of Inc. Magazine's 500 fastest-growing private companies. Omniture was listed on the NASDAQ in 2006.
Omniture bought behavioral targeting company Touch Clarity for $51.5 million. In late 2007 the company acquired web analytics company Visual Sciences, Inc. (formerly WebSideStory) for $394 million, and also purchased Offermatica for $65 million. In October, 2008 it agreed to acquire the Israeli e-commerce search solution provider Mercado for $6.5 million.
- SiteCatalyst, is Omniture's flagship software as a service application that offers web analytics.
- Test&Target offers A/B and MVT (multi-variate testing) and is derived in part from Offermatica and Touch Clarity.
- Test&Target 1:1 is their main behavioral targeting solution getting down to the individual level of testing.
- Discover is their data mining offering.
- Insight is derived from their Visual Sciences acquisition in 2007.
- SearchCenter is their product to assist with Paid Search optimization in systems like Google's Adwords, Yahoo! Search Marketing, and Microsoft Ad Center.
- Recommendations offers automated product and content recommendations
- SiteSearch is their on-demand Enterprise Search product.
- DataWarehouse is their data warehouse offering.
Omniture's latest offerings include some social media tracking capabilities. Integrations with other systems are offered under the title Genesis.
Critics have accused Omniture of attempting to hide the fact they are collecting data. Critics claim they do this by sending the information to a domain name that looks and sounds similar to an IP address used to connect to devices on the local network and not the Internet. This has led to speculation that the domain name is used to trick users or firewall rules. Omniture's SiteCatalyst and SearchCenter products use the 2o7.net domain name.
Omniture has been known to have recurring delays of up to one to two days in reporting the web traffic data back to the businesses buying their service. 
Omniture collects data from Apple and Adobe, who use Omniture to collect usage statistics across their products. It is possible to opt-out of the Omniture data-collection system, but this requires acceptance of a persistent web-browser cookie, which, if removed, will require the user to repeat the opt-out procedure.
It is also possible to block the tracking by using the hosts file and blocking 2o7.net or by using an ad filter, or an HTTP proxy server.
- ↑ http://www.omniture.com/press/455
- ↑ "Adobe to Acquire Omniture". Adobe. 2009-09-15. http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/invrelations/adobeandomniture.html.
- ↑ William Gabrielski (2006-06-26). "Omniture Offering Is Worth Data-Mining". TheStreet.com. http://www.thestreet.com/_googlen/comment/investing/10294082.html?cm_ven=GOOGLEN&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA.
- ↑ Melissa Campanelli (2007-02-14). "Omniture acquires Touch Clarity". DMNews. http://www.dmnews.com/Omniture-acquires-Touch-Clarity/article/94508/.
- ↑ Vishesh Kumar (2007-10-26). "Omniture Deal Delights". thestreet.com. http://www.thestreet.com/story/10386826/1/omniture-deal-delights.html.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Madan Sheina (2007-09-10). "Omniture buys website testing firm for $65m". Computer Business Review. http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=6FEE3873-90C4-43A0-8758-39014F6291BD.
- ↑ Omniture (2008-10-14). "Omniture Agrees to Acquire Mercado's Site Search and Merchandising Business". marketwire.com. http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Omniture-NASDAQ-OMTR-909349.html.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Arthur, Charles (January 3, 2008). "What is Omniture, and why is it watching me?". The Guardian. http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/jan/03/adobe.apple. Retrieved 2008-06-21.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Chartier, David (December 31, 2007). "Adobe, Omniture in hot water for snooping on CS3 users". Ars Technica. http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20071231-adobe-omniture-in-hot-water-for-snooping-on-cs3-users.html. Retrieved 2008-06-21.
- ↑ "What is 2o7.net?". Omniture. http://www.omniture.com/en/privacy/2o7. Retrieved 2008-06-21.
- ↑ "Omniture's Outage Woes". Forbes. http://www.forbes.com/2009/01/20/omniture-web-analytics-tech-ebiz-cx_ag_0121omniture.html. Retrieved 2009-02-23.