From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
OnMilwaukee.com is an online magazine for news and activities in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The site features approximately 10-15 articles, blogs and briefs each day, focusing on dining, arts and entertainment, movies, music, and sports. Local personalities, including nationally-known sports columnists and/or broadcasters, Trenni Kusnierek and Gregg Hoffmann complement OnMilwaukee.com's full-time editorial staff of Andy Tarnoff, Bobby Tanzilo, Drew Olson, Tim Cuprisin, Julie Lawrence, Molly Snyder Edler and Andrew Wagner.
OnMilwaukee.com, LLC is based in Milwaukee (1930 E. North Ave.). It was formed by three local entrepreneurs (Andy Tarnoff, Jeff Sherman and Jon Krouse) in 1998. Sherman (president) and Tarnoff (publisher) remain active in the organization.
Currently, the company employs approximately 15 people, including writers, programmers, graphic designers and sales people. In 2004, the company acquired RummageWorks, LLC, an online classified company. In 2009, it launched The In Click Network, which is an aggregating tool that allows the company to launch new city and topical sites. As of summer, 2009, The In Click Network consists of about 115 sites, including city guides in the top 50 U.S. cities.
The company is also a Web development firm and builds Web sites for its clients and partners. These include MetroMilwaukee.org, EliteClubs.com, ParkMilwaukee.com, AmazingGoodwill.com and WDA.org. It has business relationships with WMSE, Milwaukee ESPN Radio, FM 102.1 WLUM and the Biz Times Milwaukee.
Notable events in the history of OnMilwaukee.com
- September 1, 1998: Site is launched
- May, 2003: Web site is named finalist in 2003 Eppy Awards for "Best Entertainment Web Site with fewer than 1 million unique monthly visitors"
- May 19, 2004: President George W. Bush visits OnMilwaukee.com office; company founders ride with president to speech at Art Museum
- March 1, 2006: Company is featured in national media trade magazine, OMMA
- April 4, 2006: Web site reports first month with 1 million total readers, 10 million page views
- April 29, 2008: Web site is again named finalist in 2008 Eppy Awards for "Best Entertainment Web Site with fewer than 1 million unique monthly visitors"
- September, 2008: Company celebrates 10th anniversary of site launch
- January, 2009: Company launches The In Click Network, a network of new Web sites owned and operated by OnMilwaukee.com, LLC
- May, 2009: Company wins Wisconsin Area Music Industry award for Best Wisconsin Music Web Site
- The In Click Network, powered by OnMilwaukee.com
- Milwaukee Magazine features Tarnoff in "36 young Milwaukeeans will help lead the city into the future"
- "Milwaukee's Finest" MediaPost feature (subscription required)
- President Bush thanks OnMilwaukee.com for hosting his 2005 visit to Milwaukee
- "OnMilwaukee.com grows with proven business principles"
- "Ad campaign set to click in for OnMilwaukee.com"
|File:Crystal Clear app browser.png||This World Wide Web-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|