Online locator service
From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
An online locator service (also known as location finder, store finder, or store locator) is a feature found on websites of businesses with multiple locations that allows visitors to the site to found locations of the business within proximity of an address or postal code or within a selected region. Types of businesses that often have this feature include chain retailers, hotels, restaurants, and other businesses that can be found in multiple metropolitan areas.
The locator also provides important information about each location, including its address, phone number, hours of operation, services provided, and sometimes directions to the location. On many sites, searches can be narrowed to locations providing certain services not provided at all locations (e.g. 24-hour operation, handicap accessibility, pharmacies).
Location finders often operate in conjunction with a well-known online map service, such as Google Maps or MapQuest, allowing to user to see on a map where the particular location is found on a map.
Store locators use locator software in order to allow visitors to find nearby stores and business locations. In a common form, a visitor inputs a ZIP code and the locator returns all locations in a database within a specified radius. It is often used in conjunction with mapping/driving direction software on brick and click corporate websites to help customers locate a physical business location.
- Store Locators - Usability study of store locators and their implementation
- ↑ http://books.google.com/books?id=jvF-iSYd-84C&pg=RA1-PA183&dq=%22store+locator%22&as_brr=3&ie=ISO-8859-1&output=html
- ↑ http://books.google.com/books?id=hhIEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA36&dq=%22store+locator%22&as_brr=3&ie=ISO-8859-1&output=html
- ↑ http://books.google.com/books?id=VA8AAAAAMBAJ&pg=RA1-PA120&dq=%22store+locator%22&as_brr=3&ie=ISO-8859-1&output=html
- ↑ http://books.google.com/books?id=jvF-iSYd-84C&pg=RA1-PA184&lpg=RA1-PA183&dq=%22store+locator%22&as_brr=3&ie=ISO-8859-1&output=html
|File:Crystal Clear mimetype html.png||This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|