From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Openbiblio is an integrated library management system.
The system has been translated into Spanish, by a professor of Castilian, and is used in the primary school system in Chile. In addition, Colombia, Cube and Venezuela have expressed a interest in this program, stated Mr. Wiesterman of the Chilean government.
Openbiblio is designed for small libraries. The catalogue format is derived from MARC_21 but records may be imported from other compatible formats. Versions up to 0.6 are not completely compatible with the MARC format.
- User alerts via predesigned messages.
- Control of fines for late returns of documents.
- Statistical models for the use of the library and the material.
- Loan. Administering users’ data, loans, returns, reservations and fines.
- Cataloguing. Control of bibliographical records and their copies.
- Administration. Configuration and management of the system.
- ↑ A Virtual Exhibition of Open Source Software for Libraries - School of Library and Information Science, University of Barcelona, - R i Gairín, J Manuel, S Duesa, R … - 16th BOBCATSSS …, 2008 
- ↑ La Nación - LA COMUNIDAD DEL SOFTWARE LIBRE LLEGA A LAS ESCUELAS – Staff Writer - Aug 8, 2005 – 
- ↑ OpenBiblio 0.4.0 / Dave Stevens 
- ↑ OpenBiblio bug tracker, ID: 844825 
|File:System-installer.svg||This computer software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|