From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Type||Offshoot of OpenDNS|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California|
|Key people||David Ulevitch (Founder & CEO)|
PhishTank is a community based anti-phishing service.
PhishTank was launched in October 2006 by entrepreneur David Ulevitch as an offshoot of OpenDNS. The company offers a community-based phish verification system where users submit suspected phishes and other users "vote" if it is a phish or not.
PhishTank is used by Opera , WOT , Yahoo Mail  and by PhishTank SiteChecker . The Mac OS X password management utility 1Password can enable PhishTank in any Mac browser supported by 1Password (currently Safari, Camino, Firefox, OmniWeb, DEVONagent, NetNewsWire, WebKit and Fluid). All PhishTank data is free for download or for access via an API call.
- ↑ PhishTank Blog » Blog Archive » Welcome Opera Community!
- ↑ PhishTank Blog » Blog Archive » WOT uses PhishTank data
- ↑ PhishTank - The fight against phishing « Power of Thought
- ↑ PhishTank Blog » Blog Archive » SiteChecker brings PhishTank into Firefox
- ↑ PhishTank SiteChecker
- ↑ PhishTank > Statistics about phishing activity and PhishTank usage
|File:System-installer.svg||This computer software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|