From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|This article includes a list of references or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. Please help to improve this article by introducing more precise citations where appropriate. (April 2009)|
|Original author(s)||James Tauber, Luke Leighton, Google|
|Initial release||March, 2007|
|Stable release||0.6 / August 18, 2009|
|Operating system||Windows, Mac OS X, Linux|
|Type||Ajax framework, Compiler, Widget set|
|License||Apache License 2.0|
Furthermore, on top of the DOM.py model library is an additional abstraction layer, ui.py, which provides the most useful layer to web developers: a full suite of widgets with which desktop application developers will be familiar. At present, the list of available widgets is a mixture of the complete set of widgets that were available in Google Web Toolkit 1.2, along with a few more that have been forward-ported from GWT 1.5.
The major Pyjamas components include:
- Python builtin and standard emulation library
- Pyjamas DOM library 
- Modules for manipulating the browser DOM Model.
- Pyjamas Web UI module 
- A module for creating widgets as if the web browser was a Desktop Widget Engine.
- Pyjamas Desktop ports
- Support for running Pyjamas apps as pure Python, under MSHTML, XULRunner or Webkit. Pyjamas Desktop is conceptually close to GWT "Hosted" mode, except that the applications can be deployed live, under Pyjamas Desktop, rather than be used exclusively as a debugging tool.
The widget set library  that comes with Pyjamas is so similar to PyQt and PyGTK that a port of Pyjamas was made to run Pyjamas applications on the desktop, called Pyjamas-Desktop. The project uses Webkit, XULRunner or MSHTML as the underlying technology, and it is through these browser engines that Pyjamas manipulates the DOM model of the application. Pyjamas and Pyjamas Desktop allow writing cross-platform, cross-desktop, cross-browser and cross-widget applications that run on the web and on the desktop .
Sites using Pyjamas
- ↑ Pyjamas project home at google
- ↑ Widget Set diagram at Pyjamas Home Page
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 DOM module at Pyjamas Home Page
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 ui module at Pyjamas Home Page
- ↑ Widget set showcase at PyJS.org
- ↑ http://advogato.org/article/981.html Pyjamas - Python Applications for Desktop and Web
- ↑ Coding in Pyjamas: Apps for Desktop and the Web