From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Commercial?||Free, but with ads by Google AdSense|
|Type of site||Informational with some user generated content|
|Owner||Barnes & Noble|
Quamut is a collection of how-to guides launched in March 2008 by the bookstore chain Barnes & Noble. The core line of guides are all editorially written but there is also a section of user-contributed wiki guides. Quamut is the Latin for how-to and is pronounced kwómut.
Like its competitors Google Knol, Squidoo, and WikiAnswers, it generates revenue by the placement of relevant advertisement using Google's AdSense program. Additionally, Quamut guides are sold online as PDFs, and a selection are available for purchase as laminated charts in Barnes & Noble stores and from bn.com.
In August, 2009 Barnes & Noble shut down Quamut, though the print charts continue to be available.
- Wikipedia vs. the World By Rick Aristotle Munarriz, March 31, 2008, The Motley Fool. Accessed April 2008
- B&N Launches How-To Site Quamut.com By Lynn Andriani, Publishers Weekly, March 24, 2008
- B&N Shutters Quamut August 18, 2009
- http://www.quamut.com/ Quamut.com
- http://wiki.quamut.com/ Quamut Wiki
- http://www.barnesandnoble.com/subjects/ref/index.asp?PID=19390 Quamut (print) Charts from Barnes & Noble.
|File:Crystal Clear mimetype html.png||This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|