From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Type||Public (AIM: RMG)|
|Headquarters||Leninskaya sloboda, 26|
|Key people||Dmitry Kryukov, creator|
Mark Opzoomer, Chief Executive Officer
|Industry||Internet, Computer software|
Services offered by Rambler include web search, e-mail, media, e-commerce and other services to the Russian-speaking community globally. It is complemented by a number of other Rambler Media Group owned web properties including:
- Lenta.ru: online Russian language newspaper
- Doktor.ru: health and medical advice
- Mama.ru: parenting advice
- Ferra.ru: information about computer equipment
On July 18, 2008 it was announced that Google had acquired Begun, part of Rambler Media and one of the biggest Russian context advertising services for $140 million, but the deal has been rejected by Russian antitrust authorities.
- ↑ ""Проф-Медиа" приобретает 54.8% Rambler Media" (in Russian). Rambler.ru. 2006-10-31. http://www.rambler.ru/db/press/msg.html?mid=9017070&s=260000269. Retrieved 2008-10-21.
- ↑ "Google Press Center: Google To Acquire Russian Context Ads Service Begun". Google.com. http://www.google.com/intl/en/press/pressrel/20080718_begun.html. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- ↑ Alexander Levashov (2008-10-23). "ФАС не разрешила Google купить «Бегун»" (in Russian). RBC Holding. http://cnews.ru/news/top/index.shtml?2008/10/23/324347. Retrieved 2009-10-06.
|File:Nuvola apps xmag.png||This article about a search engine website is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|