From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Developer(s)||Gaylen Fraley and RN Team|
|Stable release||2.40.0 / October 12, 2009|
|Size||7.0 MB (archived)|
|Type||Content management system|
|License||GNU General Public License|
RavenNuke is a content management system platform for publishing content on the World Wide Web and intranets. The system includes features such as page caching to improve performance, RSS feeds, printable versions of pages, news flashes, blogs, polls, website searching, and language internationalization.
It is written in the PHP programming language and uses the MySQL database system to store information. RavenNuke is the result of a fork of PHP-Nuke. Released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, RavenNuke is free software.
Starting with version 1.0.0, the display of a copyright message on web pages is required in accordance with the GPL license section 2(c) and approved by the Free Software Foundation as explained on the accompanying documentation.
RavenNuke CMS began in November, 2005, as a distribution of PHP-Nuke that included the Nuke Patched security improvements and fixes from NukeFixes.com, the NukeSentinel security add-on from NukeScripts.net, and other pre-installed add-ons. The initial drivers of RavenNuke were the lack of support provided by the author of PHP-Nuke and the implementation of fees to gain access to the latest versions of PHP-Nuke.
The March, 2007, release of RavenNuke 2.10.00 included over 10,000 changes, fixes, tweaks, and add-ons and marked RavenNuke CMS' introduction as a fork.
RavenNuke includes the basic Content Management / Portal functionality of PHP-Nuke but without the recognized and unfixed security concerns of the code upon which it is based. RavenNuke also includes advanced user management, extensive group access permissions, an event calendar, advanced newsletter, the ability generate feeds in RSS and ATOM formats for most content types at multiple levels, the ability to display RSS and ATOM feeds, customizable error document handling, site / legal documents, support for friendly URLs, improved email handling, integrated light box and tool tip functions, and 17 W3C-compliant themes. An extensive security system (NukeSentinel) is built in for additional protection.
RavenNuke allows webmasters to create a dynamic community-based portal, with automated content, allowing users and editors to post a wide variety of data such as news articles, forum posts, reviews, polls/surveys, and calendar events. It allows webmasters to automatically generate and override HEAD section tags (title, description and keywords) used by search engines, send HTML newsletters, and track site usage. RavenNuke is compatible with all modern browsers and generates XHTML 1.0 Transitional and CSS 2.1 compliant pages. Additional third party modules may be added to RavenNuke, which is compatible with thousands of available add-ons and themes for PHP-Nuke.
RavenNuke can support multiple languages simultaneously. The look and feel can be customized using a theme system, and includes fully CSS-driven themes to simplify customization.
- Multiple vulnerabilities were reported in RavenNuke 2.30.00, but were resolved in RavenNuke 2.30.01.
- ↑ "RavenNuke76 Package Released". 2005-11-24. http://www.ravenphpscripts.com/article1738.html. Retrieved 2009-10-12.
- ↑ "RavenNuke76 Package Released". 2005-11-28. http://www.nukecops.com/article4962.html. Retrieved 2009-10-12.
- ↑ "FB's New Release And Continued Lack Of Support Policy". 2004-03-13. http://www.ravenphpscripts.com/article-293--0-0.html. Retrieved 2009-10-12.
- ↑ "RavenNuke(tm) v2.10.00 to be released this weekend!". 2007-03-10. http://www.ravenphpscripts.com/postt12839.html. Retrieved 2009-10-12.
- ↑ Secunia Vulnerability Report for PHP-Nuke 7.x http://secunia.com/product/2385/?task=advisories
- ↑ Secunia Vulnerability Report for PHP-Nuke 8.x http://secunia.com/product/13524/?task=advisories
- ↑ NukeSentinel Description http://www.nukescripts.net/nukesentinel.php
- ↑ WarpSpeed - PHP-Nuke Addons http://warpspeed.4thdimension.de
- ↑ "[waraxe-2009-SA#072 - Multiple Vulnerabilities in RavenNuke 2.3.0"]. 2009-02-16. http://www.waraxe.us/advisory-72.html.