From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Rebelión is a nonprofit news site, started in Spain at the end of 1986 by a group of journalists. It contains scientific and opinion articles covering topics such as, current affairs, free knowledge, culture, ecology, economics, and resistance to globalization. Texts by and translations to spanish of authors like Heinz Dieterich, Noam Chomsky, Marta Harnecker, Eduardo Galeano, José Saramago, Gabriel García Márquez, Julio Anguita, have been included in Rebelión.
In 2008, Rebelión.org was included in the Spanish-language Wikipedia spam blacklist. Rebelion.org accused the Spanish-language wikipedia of banning them, allegedly charging some administrators of right-wing bias, since other Spanish sites, with similar content but from right-wing perspectives, were not banned.
Rebelión has published two collective books, with the help of their regular columnists, who ceded their texts for the edition in paper. El caso Venezuela 11-04-02 [Translation: The Venezuelan Case 11-04-02] . The following journalists participated in this edition: Ignacio Ramonet (director of Le Monde Diplomatique), Stella Calloni (La Jornada), Enrique Ortega (Resumen Latinoamericano), Antonio Maira (Cádiz Rebelde), Eva Bjorklund (Revista Kuba de Suecia), and the intellectuals Santiago Alba Rico y Carlos Fernández Liria.
The second work was entitled Washington contra el mundo [Translation: Washington against the World] . This book, dealing with recent events, was a selection of 24 articles written by 18 authors from 7 different countries, who regularly collaborate with Rebelión. Noam Chomsky, James Petras, Eduardo Galeano, Vázquez Montalbán, Carlos Taibo, Julio Anguita, Edward Said, Michel Collon, Gary Lupp, Michel Chossudovsky, John Brown, Santiago Alba Rico, Michael Parenti, Simón Royo, Pascual Serrano, Roni Ben Efrat and Javier Barreda participated in this selection. The book has a prologue by the journalist and writer Javier Ortiz and was published by Editorial Akal.
Another book is La batalla de los intelectuales: nuevo discurso de las armas y las letras ("The battle of intelectuals: new discourse about weapons and letters") by the playwriter Alfonso Sastre. In its second edition, it included several texts about the debate developed in Rebelión after its first edition.
- ↑ Template:Es Felap apoya al sitio Rebelion.org contra amenazas del diario El País de España Article in http://www.abn.info.ve
- ↑ Template:Es List List of academic websites in http://www.escuelamarinavilte.org.ar/
- ↑ Template:Es Carlos Martínez, La web de Rebelión.org bloqueada desde Wikipedia, Rebelion.org, 19 June 2008
- ↑ Alegre, Luis (ed.). Periodismo y crimen. El caso Venezuela 11-04-02. Published by Hondarribia, Guipúzcoa: Argitaletxe HIRU, in 2002. OCLC 51607583
- ↑ Periodismo y crimen. El caso Venezuela 11-04-02, accessed in 2008.06.20. Editorial Hiru.
- ↑ Washington contra el mundo, by several authors, published in 2003, by Madrid: Foca Ediciones. OCLC 52213854.
- ↑ Washington contra el mundo, accessed in 2008.06.20. Published by Canal Solidario.
- ↑ Template:Es Sastre, Alfonso. La batalla de los intelectuales: nuevo discurso de las armas y las letras, published in 2003, by La Habana: Editorial de Ciencias Sociales. OCLC 57469980.
- ↑ Template:Es La Batalla de los Intelectuales o Nuevo Discurso de las Armas y las Letras, accessed in 2008.06.20. Published by Consejo Latinoamericano de Ciencias Sociales in 2005.
- http://www.rebelion.org Website of Rebelión.
- Wikipedia blocks a web of alternative information. BinaryFreedom.info
|File:Crystal Clear app browser.png||This World Wide Web-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|