From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Revo Uninstaller, developed by the VS Revo Group, is a software utility for the Microsoft Windows operating system designed to be an alternative to the built-in Windows "Add/Remove Programs" control panel applet.
The shareware edition has the following additional features compared to the freeware edition:
- Real-Time monitoring of system changes during install of programs.
- Forced Uninstall remove remnants of already uninstalled programs.
- Multi-level Backup system including full Registry backup.
- Print and Print Preview of installed programs.
- Export of installed programs in TXT, HTML and MS Excel.
- Customizable and flexible User Interface.
- Visual themes support.
- Full 64-bit compatibility Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
For systems where Revo Uninstaller cannot or should not be installed, a portable version is available that can be started directly (e.g. from a USB stick) without requiring an installation and without leaving files or registry entries on the computer.
Revo Uninstaller begins with listing all the installed programs found on the user's computer. If Revo Uninstaller fails to list a particular program, the feature "Hunter Mode" can be used to manually select the program to uninstall.
When uninstalling software, Revo Uninstaller prompts the user for which particular "mode" to use, "built-in", "safe", "moderate", or "advanced". The built-in option simply runs the application's bundled uninstaller. The safe option only removes files which mostly likely can be removed without any impact on system stability and proper functioning. The moderate and advanced modes scan deeper in the registry and folders (directories).
Next, Revo Uninstaller runs the program's built-in uninstaller, if possible. Sometimes the built-in uninstaller may be corrupted or missing. In cases when the built-in uninstaller prompts for a reboot after it has completed, it is recommended to cancel the reboot and continue with Revo Uninstaller.
After the built-in uninstaller has completed, Revo Uninstaller proceeds to scanning the hard disk for leftover files using algorithms. Users can exclude certain folders (directories), file extensions, and even hard disks from scanning to ensure a critical file is not removed by accident. Once additional scanning has completed, the user is presented with a list of registry entries and files. The user can decide which files to delete or to keep. Revo Uninstaller will prompt if a reboot may be necessary to remove all files completely, as some may be still be marked as "in use" (and thus the operating system will not allow them to be deleted).
Revo Uninstaller finishes the uninstallation by offering the user to go back and choose a deeper scanning mode.
Revo Uninstaller also includes several other computer maintenance features:
- Junk Files Cleaner: Deletes temporary application files.
- Auto Run Manager: Deletes or disables applications which run at startup.
- Browsers Cleaner: Removes Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, and Netscape browsing history and cache.
- Windows Cleaner: Clears temporary Windows files.
- Evidence Remover: Tries to prevent restoring deleted files by overwriting free space.
- Unrecoverable Delete: Overwrites and then deletes selected files and folders in order to prevent restoring them.
- Microsoft Office Cleaner: Clears the recently used file history in Microsoft Office 2000 through 2007.
- Windows Tools: Provides shortcuts to commonly used tools in Windows, such as System Restore.
- AutoUpdate: Checks for new program builds. It can download and install new versions and display a summary of changes incorporated in the latest version.
- ↑ "Revo Uninstaller 1.80". CNET Networks. January 18, 2009. http://www.download.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html. Retrieved 2009-02-28.
- ↑ "Revo Uninstaller". IDG Network. Jan 17, 2008. http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,66703-page,1-c,utilities/description.html. Retrieved 2009-02-28.
- ↑ "Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download". VS Revo Group. 2009. http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html. Retrieved 2009-12-30.
- ↑ "Revo Uninstaller". VS Revo Group. 2009. http://www.revouninstaller.com/. Retrieved 2009-02-28.
- ↑ "Why can't I uninstall programs without admin rights on Windows Vista?". VS Revo Group. 2009. http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_uninstall_programs_admin_rights_vista.html. Retrieved 2009-02-28.
- ↑ "Do I need administrator rights to remove programs in Windows XP?". VS Revo Group. 2009. http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_uninstall_programs_admin_rights_xp.html. Retrieved 2009-02-28.
- ↑ "The portable version of Revo Uninstaller write registry entries and create files on the computer it is running on?". VS Revo Group. 2009. http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_portable_version.html. Retrieved 2009-02-28.
- ↑ "How to uninstall programs with Revo Uninstaller?". VS Revo Group. 2009. http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_how_to_uninstall_program.html. Retrieved 2009-02-28.
- ↑ "Is there a way to undo an uninstallation / uninstalling of an application?". VS Revo Group. 2009. http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_undo_uninstalling_program.html. Retrieved 2009-02-28.
- ↑ "How to proceed if the application's own /built-in/ uninstaller asks to reboot the computer after an uninstallation?". VS Revo Group. 2009. http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_uninstall_reboot.html. Retrieved 2009-02-28.
- ↑ "Revo Uninstaller 1.80". MajorGeeks.Com. 2009-01-19. http://majorgeeks.com/Revo_Uninstaller_d5706.html. Retrieved 2009-02-28.
- ↑ "How can I stop programs that start automatically on Windows startup?". VS Revo Group. 2009. http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_stop_program_from_windows_startup.html. Retrieved 2009-02-28.
- ↑ "Main features of Revo Uninstaller". VS Revo Group. 2009. http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_unisntaller_features_benefits.html. Retrieved 2009-02-28.
- ↑ "Why does Revo Uninstaller want to connect to the Internet?". VS Revo Group. 2009. http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_internet_request.html. Retrieved 2009-02-28.