From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Rodovid is a free online collaborative family tree portal. Originally a Ukrainian project, as of August 2009 it has active communities in over 19 languages. It provides a web service built using MediaWiki and its own Rodovid Engine software to help store and visualize family relationships.
About the project
Rodovid was founded in September 2005 by a group of developers and genealogy enthusiasts in Kiev, Ukraine. The name Rodovid comes from the Ukrainian word Rodovid, meaning "lineage" or "genealogy". As of July 2009, Rodovid had over 320,000 total records for individuals and families across all languages, including 65,000 in each of English and Russian. 
The Rodovid project's data and descriptions are stored on servers in Kiev, and available under the Creative Commons Attribution license where not already in the public domain. It has experimented with supporting imports of GEDCOM files. The Rodovid Engine software is currently proprietary. As of 2008, it supported page layouts of family trees optimised for browsing and for printing, and could generate trees of thousands of people in seconds.
- ↑ (Ukrainian) Pravda Life article, September 30, 2009. Retrieved October 7, 2009
- ↑ Discussion about the engine from engine.rodovid.org.
- ↑ Credits page
- ↑ (English) The Rodovid statistics page
- ↑ Rodovid.org English Main Page, retrieved July 31, 2009
- ↑ Russian Main Page, retrieved October 7, 2009]
- ↑ Beagle portfolio page about the site.
|File:Wikimedia Community Logo.svg||Meta has related information at:|
- The Beagle web agency, designers of Rodovid
|File:Crystal Clear mimetype html.png||This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|