From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|This article needs references that appear in reliable third-party publications. Primary sources or sources affiliated with the subject are generally not sufficient for a Wikipedia article. Please add more appropriate citations from reliable sources. (May 2008)|
Scenari is an open source software suite that introduce a new methodology to edit and publish multimedia documents.
The author of a document on Scenari applications only have to fill and organize the content in the editor without thinking about its presentation for a particular output media. The document structure components, published layouts and styles are defined in a specific "document model" connected to the particular usage context.
The aim of Scenari is to create some "good practice" with document publishing and to address those requirements:
- The author can write the content only once, then republish in different file formats or with different presentation (HTML, SCORM export, OpenOffice.org / pdf, flash slideshow... as long as they have been planned in the document model).
- The author only needs to maintain the original version (internally stored in XML to be able to republish if the document has to be updated.
- The author does not need to master each output technology or file format to produce high-quality and standard compliant documents.
- Authors are bound to the document model that define their freedom or obligations to keep the document well structured.
- Authors are bound to the corporate identity or presentation that has been integrated in the document model.
- SCENARIdiscovery : a standalone application packaged with 6 models to demonstrate how document authoring is done "the Scenari way" (partially translated into English).
Editing a resume in SCENARIdiscovery
SCENARIdiscovery web publishing.png
A published version in HTML 4.0
SCENARIdiscovery openoffice publishing.png
A published version in the ODT format
- SCENARIchain: an authoring application that can be used to install and use document models.
- SCENARIbuilder: the application used to create new document models, it uses its own model definition language assisted by a modeling GUI. It's designed for users with a strong technical background, at least "power users".
- SCENARIserver: the server component that can handle document storage and publishing
- SCENARIclient: the client component that can handle remotely editing documents stored on a SCENARIserver.
Each model can also be packaged in a standalone application (SCENARIapp).
The following operating systems are supported :
Those applications are published under the following licences (you must agree with at least one licence) :
- GNU GPL
- GNU LGPL
Binary versions can be distributed with proprietary libraries (Java JRE)
 is currently one of the main Scenari models and is used in several French universities and by some international partners to produce academic training documents.
The following models are distributed as a part of SCENARIdiscovery (standalone versions may also exist):
- scenari-platform.org Official website
- Project description for the "trophées du libre" contest (2007 finalist, in Company management and Education categories)fr:Scenari