From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|This article needs references that appear in reliable third-party publications. Primary sources or sources affiliated with the subject are generally not sufficient for a Wikipedia article. Please add more appropriate citations from reliable sources. (December 2007)|
|This article may not meet the general notability guideline. Please help to establish notability by adding reliable, secondary sources about the topic. If notability cannot be established, the article is likely to be merged, redirected, or deleted. (May 2008)|
Script Frenzy is an international script-writing competition which began in June 2007. Participants attempt to write a script, usually a screenplay or stage play, of a given minimum length in a single 30-day month. The competition was organized by The Office of Letters and Light, the nonprofit organization behind National Novel Writing Month.
Original format, and developments
The first Script Frenzy was held in June 2007 with a goal of 20,000 words written in order to win. In 2008, Script Frenzy was moved to April and the goal was changed to 100 pages. The goals are roughly equivalent; the decision reflects that page count is a more standard measure of script length.
Other changes include the ability for writers to team up and work as two-person teams. The functionality was given to link both writers such that their page count would be shared.
Finally, in the original Script Frenzy only screenplays and stage plays were permitted. This has been expanded to include other types of scripts including TV series, graphic novels, shorts and audio plays amongst others. For the shorter formats, participants were allowed to submit several scripts to make up the 100-page total.
The 5 Basic Rules of Script Frenzy are as follows:
- To be crowned an official Script Frenzy winner, you must write a script (or multiple scripts) of at least 100 total pages and verify this tally on ScriptFrenzy.org.
- You may write individually or in teams of two. Writer teams will have a 100-page total goal for their co-written script or scripts.
- Script writing may begin no earlier than 12:00:01 AM on April 1 and must cease no later than 11:59:59 PM on April 30, local time.
- You may write screenplays, stage plays, TV shows, short films, comic book and graphic novel scripts, adaptations of novels, or any other type of script your heart desires.
- You must, at some point, have ridiculous amounts of fun.