Search Engine Strategies
From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Search Engine Strategies (SES) is a conference series focused on search engine marketing and search engine optimization. These events teach the ins-and-outs of search engine marketing from top experts in the field, along with information from the search engines themselves.
The conference was created by Danny Sullivan, founder and former lead editor of Search Engine Watch. The first SES conference was on November 18, 1999 in San Francisco, California and marked the first formal occasion that site owners had met with search engines.
The conference expanded internationally in 2000 when the first SES UK was held in London, England on April 27, 2000, followed by Denmark in 2001, Germany in 2002, and France, Sweden, Canada, Italy and China until 2006. The growth of the industry caused the creation of special niche SES Conferences such as SES Multimedia & Mobile Edition and SES Latino.
Just over a year after the purchase, Sullivan announced his resignation from guiding the series on August 29, 2006 after a contract dispute but later agreed to run two further shows in the US and speak at a third during 2007.
On June 7, 2007, Kevin Ryan was named as vice president and global content director for the series.
One of the highlights of the Search Engine Strategies San Jose event, is the party at Google headquarters in Mountain View, CA (Googleplex), dubbed "Google Dance" in reference to the monthly index updates of Google in the past that were also called "Google Dance". The party is free, but only open to SES attendees who did RSVP prior the event or have been invited by Google directly. The first Google Dance was in 2002 during Search Engine Strategies San Jose 2002.
- Search engine optimization
- Social media optimization
- Search engine marketing
- Internet marketing
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Jefferson Graham (August 14, 2006), Google search ads find momentum, USA Today, retrieved March 8, 2008
- ↑ Search Engine Strategies '99 Homepage
- ↑ SES returns, August 20 - 23, 2007SES San Jose 2007 Coverage, Aug 23, 2007.
- ↑ Goodbye Search Engine Strategies!, Aug 16, 2007, Search Engine Land
- ↑ Loren Baker (April 21, 2004), Search Engine Strategies Conference Heads to Canada, Search Engine Journal, retrieved March 8, 2008
- ↑ WebProNews (September 30, 2004), Meckler Announces Search Engine Strategies Conference In China, Web Pro News, retrieved March 8, 2008
- ↑ Sale of Search Engine Strategies trade show and ClickZ.com Network of Web sites, incl. SearchEngineWatch.com, Press release by Jupitermedia Corporation (Nasdaq: JUPM) , August 2, 2005
- ↑ Leaving Search Engine Watch, Aug 29, 2006, Daggle: Danny Sullivan's Blog
- ↑ Daggle, Oct 23, 2006, Daggle: Danny Sullivan's Blog
- ↑ Kevin Ryan Announcement, June 7, 2007, Search Engine Watch
- ↑ Google Dance 2006 RSVP Form, Google.com, retrieved March 10, 2008