From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Type||ERAMS (E-Resource Access and Management Services)|
|Headquarters||Seattle, Washington, U.S.|
Serials Solutions is a division of ProQuest that provides e-resource access and management services (ERAMS) to libraries. These products enable librarians to more easily manage electronic resources that serve the needs of their patrons.
Serials Solutions was conceived of in 1999 over beers by brothers Steve McCracken, Mike McCracken, and Peter McCracken after recognizing that providing relief to the frustrations of library patrons in navigating electronic resources was a profitable domain to pursue.
Serials Solutions incorporated in March 2000. The business grew from a four-man operation run out of the McCrackens' basement to a multi-million dollar company in the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle, Washington.
During the company's first year of operation, co-founder Peter McCracken worked on this emerging company while simultaneously working full-time as a reference librarian at the University of Washington's Odegaard Undergraduate Library.
In 2004, Serials Solutions became a division of ProQuest (Information and Learning division). In 2007, ProQuest Information and Learning was acquired by CSA and the Cambridge Information Group and briefly became ProQuest CSA before the company settled on the original ProQuest name as a "new" brand.
As part of the ProQuest-CSA acquisition, Serials Solutions merged with Ulrich's and became the primary retailer of the Ulrich's services Ulrichsweb.com and Ulrich's Serials Analysis System.
Serials Solutions headquarters is currently located in the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle.
- Summon (Web Scale Discovery)
- 360 Link OpenURL link resolver
- 360 Search Federated search service
- 360 MARC Updates OPAC updating service
- 360 Resource Manager e-resource management system (ERM)
- 360 Counter e-resource assessment service
- 360 Core (Access and Management System)
- Ulrich's Serials Analysis System
- ↑ About us, Serials Solutions
- ↑ Peter McCracken: Librarian as Entrepreneur; How a University of Washington reference librarian helped launch one of the hottest companies in the library market, Library Journal, August 01, 2001, Features; Pg. 44, 2287 words, By Norman Oder; Norman Oder is Associate Editor, LJ
- ↑ Press announcement, ProQuest CSA 
- ↑ Brand Announcement, ProQuest Company 
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Jane Burke Joins Serials Solutions; Library automation veteran named general manager and VP for parent ProQuest, Library Journal, July 15, 2005, INFOTECH; Pg. 25, 527 words, By Michael Rogers
- ↑ Serials Solutions Moves, Library Journal, September 1, 2005, INFOTECH; Pg. 27, 52 words, By Staff