From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Founder(s)||Steffan Sondermark Fallesen|
|Headquarters||Neustadt 16, Flensburg, Germany|
|Key people||Ari Liukko|
|Industry||Web hosting service|
The company was incorporated in 2004 by Steffan Sondermark Fallesen and later sold to the publicly listed Swedish telecommunication firm Tele5 Voice Services AB for $3.5 million cash in May 2007 and left the company in October 2009.
During the first three years the company operated only an English version but in recent years German, Polish, Danish and Swedish versions are also offered. Company is now among the 15 largest German web hosting providers.
Servage has been criticized for overselling its services in recent years to keep up with competition. There have also been large numbers of Servage customers reporting that their sites have been repeatedly hacked, resulting in malicious code being inserted into their web-pages Servage claims that the issue is resolved by their new server operating system ServageOS.
In an attempt to become fully Open Source powered Servage changed its entire network infrastructure to the Open Source routing platform GNU Zebra in 2007. Prior to the change Servage had been using Cisco routers.
October 21, 2008 the company released a new customized Linux version (ServageOS) for use on its server clusters. Most notable features is full process separation between customers and other similar security enhancements suitable for hosting environments.
- ↑ "Swedish IT and telephony services provider Tele5 Voice Services AB acquires German web hosting company Servage GmbH". BNET Business Network. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0HXI/is_2007_May_16/ai_n25005686.
- ↑ "Cheval Capital Pressrelease". Cheval Capita Inc. http://www.chevalcap.com/2007/05/tele5-voice-ser.html.
- ↑ "Personal Blog of Steffan Sondermark Fallesen". http://www.sondermark.com.
- ↑ "Top Web Hosts Germany". WebHosting.Info. http://www.webhosting.info/webhosts/tophosts/Country/DE/. Retrieved 2008-08-21.
- ↑ "Servage Hacked". Proxyutza.com. http://www.proxyutza.com/exploit-iframe-trojan-infection/.
- ↑ "RIPE on AS29671". RIPE NCC. http://www.db.ripe.net/whois?form_type=advanced&full_query_string=&searchtext=AS29671&alt_database=RIPE&object_type=aut-num&Simple+Search+Form=Simple+Search+Form.
- ↑ "COMON Article on Servage Open Source routing (Danish)". ComON Computer Newspaper. http://www.comon.dk/news/open.source-router.sender.cisco.paa.pension_31129.html.
- ↑ "ServageOS". Yahoo News. http://news.yahoo.com/s/prweb/20081021/bs_prweb/prweb1497894_2.