Silex Flash CMS
From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
| This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the Guide to deletion.
Silex is a new kind of CMS (Content Management System), a mix between editing software and wiki based software.
All multimedia file formats can be assembled in Silex WYSIWYG editor for publishing website online, in a local computer and on CD-R.
Open on most Adobe software and on many others, Silex let you publish various types of media online or on CD, while allowing you to enjoy a set of features you need for online publication: automatic search engine optimization, description of the media, multilingual websites, deep linking...
In addition, Silex embraces the open source philosophy and it is aimed at people wishing to quickly master a powerful web publishing tool.
Based on the ActionScript language, this CMS has a short learning curve for people knowing Flash. Anyone who knows the general principles of Quark X-Press, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc. will find the basic principles of publication in Silex.
In addition, Silex is a RIA (rich Internet application). This is particularly important: put on a server, Silex is accessible from any computer connected to the web. Silex requires no installation and is fully compatible MAC (10.5) - Windows (XP, VISTA) - LINUX.
Silex brings together the various backgrounds involved in web publishing.
Silex users have chosen this tool for: 
- its legitimate integration in the Adobe package.
- its automatic SEO system
- its multilingual contexts management
- its constant evolution
- its short learning curve
- its documentation and the designers and developers community which is bigger and bigger
- its light weight
- the Silex components and themes provided with it
- the Flash look and feel of the produced applications
- ↑ "Details". silex-ria.org. http://silex-ria.org/open.source.flash.cms/silex/a.propos/fonctionnalites/logiciel.ria.open.source.et.gratuit.details.
- FlashCMS.fr, list of the Flash CMS
- demo: http://hoyau.info/demos/silex_server/
- website: http://silex-ria.org/
- download: http://silex-ria.org/open.source.flash.cms/silex/telecharger
- documentation: http://silex-ria.org/help/documentation/home
- forum: http://silex.hoyau.info/forum_en/
- rss: http://silex-ria.org/cgi/scripts/feed.php?id_site=open.source.flash.cms&query=tags:*newsen*
- source code: https://silex.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/silex/trunk
- mailing lists: http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=192954
- license: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html