Simple Build Tool
From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Please help improve this by adding who wrote SBT, why SBT was written, an overview of SBT's operation and some examples by expanding it. Further information might be found on the talk page. (January 2010)|
|Stable release||0.5.6 / 2009-11-3|
Its main features are:
- SBT knows how to compile Scala code, to run tests, to package jars and wars, and to start the Scala interpreter with the right classpath.
- Build recipes are specified using a Scala DSL, in a mix of declarative and imperative styles.
- SBT manages dependencies, leveraging existing Maven or Ivy packages repositories.
- SBT can run continuous compilation, testing and deployment, helping programmers adhere to the TDD methodology.
- Projects layout is very similar to the one recommended for Maven, making it easy to switch from Maven to SBT and back, if needed.
- Changes to source files are monitored and a compiler plugin used to gather dependency information so only a minimum set of dependent sources will be recompiled, reducing rebuild times.
- Mixed Scala/Java projects are supported.
The author of sbt is Mark Harrah.
In addition to the stable 0.5.x series, an experimental 0.6.x branch is available with new features, including improved support for Scala 2.8.