From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
SiteScreen. is an online semantic advertising solution, developed by iSense, a company based in London, with research and development facilities in Copenhagen & Holyhead. The company has offices in New York, Munich, Paris, Stockholm, Madrid, Milan, Hamburg, Düsseldorf, Amsterdam
SiteScreen applies the principles of semantics to online advertising with solutions to block the placement of advertisements alongside Internet content that could be seen as being controversial. Within SiteScreen, the following filters exist
- Adult content / Pornography
- Bad News
- Bad language
- Extreme views, incl. all forms of Extremism,
- File sharing / Peer to Peer
SiteScreen using semantic analysis to extract the content of a webpage and determine the themes within the text. Where the themes are identified as being controversial, an instruction is made to the ad server to block the delivery of online adverts to that page. The function therefore avoids the potential of damage to advertiser's brand values due to association with the controversial content.    
In December 2008, iSense won E-consultancy’s ‘Innovation in Online Advertising’ award for the SiteScreen solution
- ↑ "Kraft Sponsors White Supremacist Website By Mistake". Adrants. 10.01.05. http://www.adrants.com/2005/01/kraft-sponsors-white-supremacist-website.php. Retrieved 2008-02-18.
- ↑ "Online ad networks targeted by BBC Panorama investigation". Mad.co.uk. 28.06.07. http://www.mad.co.uk/Main/News/Disciplines/Media/Digital/Articles/07bd53e205f74dfcb65872f79d79cbfc/Online-ad-networks-targeted-by-BBC-Panorama-investigation.html. Retrieved 2008-02-18.
- ↑ "Iash investigates fighting and porn site ads". Mediaweek. 17.06.07. http://www.mediaweek.co.uk/news/817656/?DCMP=ILC-SEARCH. Retrieved 2008-02-18.
- ↑ "Wrongly positioned ads damage brands". Mediaweek. 01.09.08. http://www.marketingmag.com.au/news/view/wrongly-positioned-ads-damage-brands-600. Retrieved 2008-02-18.
- ↑ "semantic advertising solution takes another top honour, following its recognition at the IAB’s Innovation Awards". Ad Pepper Media. December 2008. http://countries.adpepper.com/en/DesktopDefault.aspx/tabid-28/107_read-17816/. Retrieved 2008-12-08.