From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Operating system||Web-based application|
|Type||Online Work Management, Collaboration, Crowdsourcing|
Smartsheet is a web-based work management and crowdsourcing tool. It allows owners of information to comprehensively involve contributors through authenticated access, publicly-accessible published sheets, or via embeddable survey forms. Functionality is focused on the ability to organize, share, and update tasks and files. A core feature was added in February 2009 that enables project managers to leverage the research of anonymous workers through the integration of Amazon Mechanical Turk. The application is free to try, but follows a tiered subscription model.
Founded in June, 2005, Smartsheet was privately funded and commercially launched its online work management solution in August, 2006. In March, 2007 Smartsheet was named Best in Show Overall by UnderTheRadarBlog.com and also won the title of Best Online Collaborative Software in March 2007. In June, 2007, Madrona Venture Group completed Smartsheet's $4 million Series A financing.. Madrona also participated in a subsequent Series B financing in January, 2009. Matt McIlwain, Madrona Managing Director, serves as a Smartsheet board member.
- Google Apps and Google Accounts Sign-In: Integrated sign-in enabling Google Accounts and Google Apps users to sign up or log in to Smartsheet using their existing Google credentials.
- Google Docs: Native support for attaching, importing from, and exporting to Google Docs.
- LiveWork: Smartsheet serves as a workflow engine to LiveWork crowdsourcing platform
- Amazon Web Services: S3, CloudFront, and Mechanical Turk are utilized to deliver secure file storage, web acceleration, and crowdsourcing on a global basis.
Numerous templates are offered to increase usability of this web-based tool. Any template can be easily filled in to allow for instant business management and collaboration. Popular templates include: Project Management, Event Management, Sales Pipeline, M&A Due Diligence, Charity Auction-Donated Items, Wedding Planning Checklist, Issue Tracker, Marketing Dept. Goals, Client Contact List, IPO-Time & Responsibilities, Donor List, and Home Remodel Punchlist. These templates can be found here: http://www.smartsheet.com/populartemplates
- ↑ The Wallstreet Journal: Keeping Track of Business
- ↑ Smartform Survey Form Overview
- ↑ 'Office 2.0' start-ups knock on business doors - USATODAY.com
- ↑ Business & Technology | Smartsheet's sweet discovery | Seattle Times Newspaper
- ↑ Project Management + Mechanical Turk
- ↑ UnderTheRadarBlog.com Awards
- ↑ Madrona Backs Smartsheet Series A
- ↑ Collaborative software company Smartsheet raises $1.25M
- ↑ Smartsheet.com Adds $1.25 Million Series B Financing - Bloomberg.com
- ↑ Madrona Venture Portfolio Listing
- ↑ Google Apps Marketplace
- ↑ LiveWork announces API for On-Demand Workforces
- ↑ Amazon Web Service case study