Social cataloging application
From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
| This article does not cite any references or sources.
Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (May 2008)
A social cataloging application is a web application designed to help users to catalog things--books, CDs, etc--owned or otherwise of interest to them. The phrase refers to two characteristics that generally arise from a multi-user cataloging environment:
- The ability to share catalogs and interact with others based upon shared items;
- The enrichment or improvement of cataloging description through either explicit cooperation in the production of cataloging metadata or through the analysis of implicit data (eg., "People who like X also like Y").
Some of the more notable social cataloging applications include:
- For Anime and Manga: MyAnimeList
- For books: Anobii, Books iRead, Goodreads, LibraryThing, Shelfari, and Google Books' "My Library"
- For computer and video games: MobyGames, The Backloggery
- For data: Jumper 2.0
- For devices: gdgt
- For movies: Criticker, Flixster
- For music: Discogs, Last.fm and Rate Your Music
- For scholarly citations: Bibster, CiteULike, Connotea, refbase
- For places and products: KartMe
|File:System-installer.svg||This computer software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|