From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Speedcoding or Speedcode was the first higher-level language created for an IBM computer . The language was developed by John Backus in 1953 for the IBM 701 to support computation with floating point numbers . The system was an interpreter and focused on ease of use at the expense of system resources.
- ↑ Allen, F.E.. "The History of Language Processor Technology in IBM". IBM Journal of Research Development 25 (5, September 1981).
- ↑ Shasha, Dennis; Cathy Lazere (1998). Out of their Minds: The Lives and Discoveries of 15 Great Computer Scientists. New York: Springer-Verlag New York, Inc.. ISBN 0-387-98269-8.
- Backus, John, "The IBM 701 Speedcoding System", Journal of the ACM (JACM), Volume 1, Issue 1 (January 1954), pp. 4-6,
- Backus, John W.; Harlan, Herrick (May 1954). "IBM 701 Speedcoding and Other Automatic-programming Systems". Proc. Symp. on Automatic Programming for Digital Computer. Washington DC, The Office of Naval Research. pp. 106–113.
- Sammet, Jean E. (1969). Programming Languages: History and Fundamentals. Prentice-Hall.
|File:Software spanner.png||This software engineering-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|