Synth Look and Feel
From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
According to Sun, goals for synth were:
- Enable to create custom look without writing any code.
- Allow appearance to be configured from images.
- Provide the ability to customize the look of a component based on its named properties.
- Provide a centralized point for overriding the look of all components.
- Enable custom rendering based on images, or user-defined Template:Javadoc:SEs.
synth is available beginning with version J2SE 5.0 of Java (see Java version history).
Synth is a skinnable look and feel in which all painting is delegated to the components, without having to write any code (see Template:Javadoc:SE).
However synth does not provide a default look, and components that are not defined in the synth XML file will not be painted. It is however possible to assign a default style to all other widgets, and customize styles for some specific widgets only.
The following XML declaration defines a style named textfield and binds it to all text fields. The defaultStyle allows to set a default font, foreground and background colors to all other widgets.
<synth> <style id="defaultStyle"> <font name="Verdana" size="16"/> <state> <color value="WHITE" type="BACKGROUND"/> <color value="BLACK" type="FOREGROUND"/> </state> </style> <bind style="defaultStyle" type="region" key=".*"/> <style id="textfield"> <state> <color value="yellow" type="BACKGROUND"/> </state> <imagePainter method="textFieldBorder" path="textfieldborder.png" sourceInsets="5 6 6 7" paintCenter="false"/> <insets top="5" left="6" bottom="6" right="7"/> </style> <bind style="textfield" type="region" key="TextField"/> </synth>
Supposing that the XML declaration is defined in a file named synthExample.xml, the following code loads the XML definition file and sets the current look and feel to synth (loading a synth Look and Feel is done using the load method of the Template:Javadoc:SE class):
SynthLookAndFeel laf = new SynthLookAndFeel(); laf.load(new File("synthExample.xml").toURL()); UIManager.setLookAndFeel(laf);
- Swing, the standard cross-platform widget toolkit for Java
- Pluggable look and feel
- Look and Feel in Widget Toolkits
- ↑ "Welcome to the Java SE 6 Update N Early Access Program!". Sun Microsystems. https://jdk6.dev.java.net/6uNea.html. Retrieved 2007-11-01.
- ↑ Haase, Chet (May 2007). "Consumer JRE: Leaner, Meaner Java Technology". Sun Microsystems. http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/javase/consumerjre/#Nimbus. Retrieved 2007-11-01.
- Template:Javadoc:SE API documentation
- synth file format
- synth tutorial
- another synth tutorial
- nimbus home page
- Synthetica - commercial Synth Look and Feel with many different themes
- EaSynth Look And Feel Designer - commercial IDE for Synth based look and feel
|This computer library article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|