From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Type of site||Educational|
|Created by||User content|
|Alexa rank||30,879 (April 2009)|
TeacherTube is a video sharing website similar to, and based on, YouTube. It is designed to allow those in the educational industry, particularly teachers, to share educational resources. The site contains a mixture of classroom teaching resources and others designed to aid teacher training. A number of students have also uploaded videos that they have made as part of K-12 and college courses. As of July 2008, the website contained over 26,000 videos. It has found favour with educators for whom YouTube content is blocked by content filtering systems.
TeacherTube was launched on March 6, 2007 and was initiated by Jason Smith, a teacher from McKinney, Texas and his wife and brother. The site now gains more than a million page views per month.  The site has run a number of creative educational competitions, in association with companies such as Texas Instruments and Interwrite. Institutions such as major libraries are using the service to disseminate information.
- ↑ "Traffic Details for teachertube.com". Alexa Internet, Inc.. 2008. http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/teachertube.com. Retrieved 2008-07-10.
- ↑ "TeacherTube Safe, Reliable Resource". American Instutite for History Teaching. http://www.americaninstituteforhistory.org/. Retrieved 2008-07-10.
- ↑ "Educators get TeacherTube". NY Daily News. December 10, 2007. http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/education/2007/12/09/2007-12-09_educators_get_teachertube.html. Retrieved 2008-07-10.
- ↑ "Fayetteville math video contest". Reuters. May 5, 2008. http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS141185+05-May-2008+PRN20080505. Retrieved 2008-07-10.
- ↑ "Interwrite, TeacherTube Launch School Video Contest". T.H.E. Journal. September 27, 2007. http://www.thejournal.com/articles/21249. Retrieved 2008-07-10.
- ↑ "Press release". South Carolina State Library. April 21, 2008. http://listserv.scsl.state.sc.us/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0804&L=scsl-press&F=P&P=1620. Retrieved 2008-07-10.