From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Key people||Dave Schappell, Founder/CEO, Daryn Nakhuda, CTO|
|Industry||Marketplace for online and local classes and experts|
TeachStreet, Inc. is a web site providing information to students on local and online classes and teachers including pricing information, location, and teacher background and training. It also provides online business management tools for teachers and schools. The site is free to students and includes student reviews and teacher recommendations.
TeachStreet launched its web site in Seattle on April 20, 2008, Portland on August 4, 2008, the San Francisco Bay Area on November 19, 2008 and is launched in 8 US Metros, with new listings being added in cities nationwide on a daily basis.
TeachStreet founder Dave Schappell was previously a VP of Marketing at JibJab and a Director of Product Management at Amazon.com. The company received $2.25 million in early stage funding from Madrona Venture Group, Bezos Expeditions and various individual investors.
- ↑ "TeachStreet, Find-A-Local-Teacher Site, Gears Up for Market #2", The Local Onliner, July 1, 2008. Accessed July 28, 2008
- ↑ Arrington, Michael. TeachStreet Emerges To Help You Find The Best Yoga and Cooking Classes. www.techcrunch.com. 20 April 2008
- ↑ Weisenthal, Joseph. TeachStreet Raises $2.25 First Round For Local Teacher Search. www.paidcontent.org. 21 April 2008
- Teachstreet lets you find instructors online. VentureBeat.
- Web Site Links you with Learning. King5.
- Ex-Amazonian's TeachStreet.com launching today. Seattle Times
- TeachStreet site provides free way to find instructors. Seattle Post-Intelligencer
- Teachstreet helps you find local classes, instructors. The Industry Standard
- TeachStreet founder applies lessons learned from years at Amazon. TheDeal.com
- Website Rates Thousands of Classes. KGO-TV San Francisco