From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Type||Subsidiary of Internet Brands|
|Headquarters||El Segundo, California|
The Bargainist is an online bargain shopping blog that lists deals, sales, and coupons on a wide variety of consumer products. The site also provides original articles on personal finance topics that focus on how readers can save money.
The Bargainist was founded in 2006 by Dejarik Media (now Zombie Corp.), an independent publisher of consumer blogs and online magazines. The site originally focused on listing coupons and deals available on female-oriented products such as home furnishings and beauty and fashion products. As the site grew, coverage was expanded to include all types of products, including electronics, automotive products, toys, and pet products.
The site quickly gained popularity and was named one of Time Magazine's "Top 10 Web sites of 2006." The Bargainist is frequently cited in the media, and has come to be considered an influential coupon and deal blog in the blogosphere. The site was acquired by Internet Brands in 2008 and operates in the company's Shopping category along with sites including Ben's Bargains, DealLocker, and UltimateCoupons.
The Bargainist primarily consists of a regularly updated blog listing deals on products from a wide selection of retailers including Apple, Home Depot, Target, and Wal-Mart. The bargains take a number of different forms, such as printable coupons, special offers, and online-only promotion codes that can be used for discounts on retailers' websites. The blog is updated regularly throughout each day with new deals.
The site's "Freebies" section lists free offers and free after-rebate items from retailers, while the "Tips" portion of the site features a regularly updated collection of articles focused on money-saving tips. The site also offers visitors text-message alerts to have notifications of new deals sent to their mobile devices.
Recognitions and Awards
- In 2008, PC Magazine named The Bargainist a "10 Best Coupon Site."
- In 2006, Time Magazine named The Bargainist one of the "Top 10 Web sites of 2006."
- ↑ Uncrate. "The Bargainist". http://www.uncrate.com/men/uncrate/news/the-bargainist/.
- ↑ Cyber Net News. "Online Bargains with The Bargainist". http://cybernetnews.com/2007/10/06/cybernotes-online-bargains-with-the-bargainist/.
- ↑ Outblush. "The Bargainist". http://www.outblush.com/women/outblush/news/the-bargainist/.
- ↑ Time Magazine. "Top 10 Web sites of 2006". http://www.time.com/time/topten/2006/websites/07.html.
- ↑ PRWeek. "Blogosphere touts thriftiness". http://www.prweekus.com/Blogosphere-touts-thriftiness/article/129433/.
- ↑ Rocky Mountain News. "A helping of holiday trimmings". http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/nov/28/a-helping-of-holiday-trimmings/.
- ↑ Yahoo! Tech. "Black Friday sales arrive early this year". http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/hughes/35180.
- ↑ CBS News. "Internet Brands Buys 12 Websites, Expands Careers And Shopping Verticals". http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/08/06/paidcontent/main4324889.shtml.
- ↑ redOrbit. "Internet Brands Expands Into Shopping and Careers Categories". http://www.redorbit.com/news/technology/1512499/internet_brands_expands_into_shopping_and_careers_categories/index.html.
- ↑ Tampa Tribune. "Bargains For The Holidays May Be Just Clicks Away". http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/nov/26/na-holiday-bargains-just-clicks-away/.
- ↑ PC Magazine. "Our Favorite Blogs". http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2337274,00.asp.
- ↑ PC Magazine. "Our 100 Favorite Blogs". http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2192058,00.asp.
- ↑ PC Magazine. "The 10 Best Coupon Sites". http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2336406,00.asp.