From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|File:The Sartorialist screenshot.png|
Screenshot of "The Sartorialist".
|Type of site||Fashion blog, photoblog|
|Created by||Scott Schuman|
"The Sartorialist" is a fashion blog by Scott Schuman in New York. After leaving a fashion sales position to take care of his daughter in 2005, he began carrying a digital camera around on the streets of New York City, taking pictures of people who had dressed in some way that caught his eye, and then posting them to his blog, sometimes with comments about what he finds. He pioneered fashion photography in blog form.
He describes his philosophy as trying to echo how fashion designers looked at what they saw on the street:
|“||I thought I could shoot people on the street the way designers looked at people, and get and give inspiration to lots of people in the process. My only strategy when I began The Sartorialist was to try and shoot style in a way that I knew most designers hunted for inspiration.||”|
Schuman has taken photos in different locations besides New York, often Paris, Stockholm, London and Milan when he has gone there for fashion shows. His subjects range from fashion celebrities like Karl Lagerfeld to unidentified regular people. He has found uniforms and dirty work clothes as well as those trying to display their style. He says his inspiration was a picture of a man on an empty street taken by German photographer August Sander.
Schuman began getting other work from serious fashion publications. Condé Nast tapped him to do something similar during Fashion Week in Paris for its style.com website. He also regularly works events for Saks Fifth Avenue, and says French Vogue editor Carine Roitfeld has also talked to him about doing something for her magazine.
The Sartorialist was ranked the most influential blog of 2009 in an independent ranking of more than 400 fashion and beauty blogs. 
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Fleming, Kirsten; April 1, 2007; "Shoots to Twill"; The New York Post; retrieved April 2, 2007.
- ↑ "Sartorialist blogger Scott Schuman spots street style". TimesOnline. http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/fashion/article5874273.ece?token=null&offset=0&page=1. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- ↑ Schuman, Scott; Biography; retrieved April 6, 2007 from thesartorialist.com.
- ↑ Schuman, Scott; March 29, 2007; At Roberto Cavalli - One Of My Favorite Posts From Milan; "The Sartorialist"; retrieved from thesartorialist.blogspot.com April 5, 2007.
- ↑ Schuman, Scott; April 5, 2007; On the Street.....Rue De Saintonge, Paris; "The Sartorialist"; retrieved from thesartorialist.blogspot.com April 5, 2007.
- ↑ Schuman, Scott; April 5, 2007; My Inspiration - August Sander; "The Sartorialist"; retrieved from thesartorialist.blogspot.com April 5, 2007.
- ↑ "Style99: The 99 Most Influential Fashion and Beauty Blogs". Signature9. http://www.signature9.com/style-99. Retrieved 2010-01-22.
- The Sartorialist at blogspot.com
- Scott Schuman: The Most Influential Blogger of 2009fr:The Sartorialist