From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|File:Tomboy 0.10.2 main screen.png|
Tomboy linking between notes
|Stable release||1.0.0 / September 21, 2009|
|License||LGPL (free software)|
Tomboy is a free and open-source desktop notetaking application written for Unix-like (including Mac OS X) and Microsoft Windows systems written in C# using Gtk#. Tomboy is part of the GNOME desktop environment, often filling the need for personal information management. Its interface is a notepad with a Wiki-like linking system to connect notes together. Words in the note body that match existing note titles automatically become hyperlinks, making it simple to construct a personal wiki. For example, repeated references to favorite artists would automatically be highlighted in notes containing their names.
Some of the editing features supported:
- Highlighting text
- Inline spell checking using GtkSpell
- Auto-linking of web and email addresses
- Font styling and sizing
- Bulleted lists
- Note synchronization over SSH or WebDAV. External synchronization support is being implemented  through Conduit
- Mono dependency
Tomboy supports several plugins, including:
- Evolution mail links
- Galago/Pidgin presence
- Note of the Day (not enabled by default)
- Fixed Width text
- HTML export
- LaTeX math (in the package tomboy-latex, not installed by default)
- Conboy is a Tomboy port to the Maemo platform written in the C programming language 
- Gnote started as a conversion of the Tomboy code to the C++ programming language
- Tomdroid is an attempt to produce a tomboy client for the Google Android mobile platform. "The goal is to be file format compatible and be able to sync notes with tomboy" 
- ↑ "Tomboy :Simple note taking". June 25, 2009. http://projects.gnome.org/tomboy/. Retrieved July 5, 2009.
- ↑ "Conduit/SyncStatus". September 30, 2009. http://live.gnome.org/Conduit/SyncStatus. Retrieved October 11, 2009.
- ↑ "garage: Conboy - Note Taking Application: Project Info". September 16, 2009. https://garage.maemo.org/projects/conboy. Retrieved September 16, 2009.
- ↑ "Tomboy Notes on Android: Olivier Bilodeau Releases Tomdroid 0.1.0". April 21, 2009. http://automorphic.blogspot.com/2009/04/tomboy-notes-on-android-olivier.html. Retrieved January 3, 2010.
|File:Commons-logo.svg||Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Tomboy|
Template:GNOME Softwareast:Tomboy (software) de:Tomboy (Software) es:Tomboy (software) ko:톰보이 (소프트웨어) it:Tomboy (software) nl:Tomboy (software) ja:Tomboy (ソフトウェア) pl:Tomboy pt:Tomboy (software) ru:Tomboy