From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (February 2009)|
|Operating system||Mac OS X|
It’s a software released in open source that provides the access to all mail services, including Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, Lycos, Netscape.
TouchMail, being web based, allows the access to e-mail accounts also in a corporate environment wherein there are usually firewall that, closing some ports for security reasons, don’t enable the connection to iPhone Mail.
TouchMail supports POP3 and IMAP protocols and is able to interface with the HTTP protocol through the FreePOPs getaway that makes a parsing process between the POP3 and the HTTP used for example by Hotmail.
TouchMail was launched during December 2007 to provide a free mail client to iPod Touch and iPhone users.
- February 2008: it was included among the web application supported by Apple. Apple.com/webapps
- March 2008: since the application is obtaining a great success among users, developers are working to extend its compatibility to other smartphone models.
- La Stampa Technology, 2-10-2008, accessed 3-13-2008
- mela blog.it, 2008, accessed 3-13-2008
- Actualidad Iphone, 2-6-2008, accessed 3-13-2008