From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|This article needs references that appear in reliable third-party publications. Primary sources or sources affiliated with the subject are generally not sufficient for a Wikipedia article. Please add more appropriate citations from reliable sources. (November 2009)|
|Initial release||October 1, 2006|
|Type||Project management software, Bug tracking system|
|License||Modified BSD license|
Trac is an open source, web-based project management and bug-tracking tool. The program is inspired by CVSTrac, and was originally named svntrac due to its ability to interface with Subversion. It is developed and maintained by Edgewall Software.
Trac is written in the Python programming language. Until mid-2005, it was available under the GNU General Public License; since version 0.9, it has been released under a modified BSD license. Both are free software licenses.
Trac allows hyperlinking information between a computer bug database, revision control and wiki content. It also serves as a web interface to the revision control systems Subversion, Git, Mercurial, Bazaar, Perforce and Darcs. Prior to version 0.11 the web front end presentation of Trac was handled by the ClearSilver template system. Starting with 0.11 an in-house template system called Genshi is used, although compatibility with ClearSilver based plugins will remain for several versions.
Other features include:
- Project management (Roadmap, Milestones, etc.)
- Ticket system (bug tracking, tasks, etc.)
- Fine-grained permissions (since 0.11)
- Timeline of all recent activity
- Wiki (syntax similar to MoinMoin)
- Customized reporting
- VCS web interface
- RSS Feeds
- Multiple project support
- Environment extensibility (via Python plugins)
- iCalendar export
- List of project management software
- Comparison of issue tracking systems
- Software configuration management
- TracExplorer - Visual Studio and TortoiseSvn Bugtraq Integration
- ↑ "Trac and Subversion". Edgewall Trac. http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracSubversion. Retrieved 2008-05-19.
- ↑ "TracLicense - The Trac Project". Edgewall Trac. http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracLicense. Retrieved 2007-03-06.
- ↑ "ClearSilver - The Trac Project". Edgewall Trac. 2007-01-27. http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/ClearSilver. Retrieved 2007-02-06.
- ↑ "The Trac Roadmap". Edgewall Trac. http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracRoadmap. Retrieved 14 September 2009.
- ↑ "Who uses Trac?". Edgewall Trac. 2008-06-25. http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracUsers. Retrieved 2008-06-25.