From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
A screen shot of UniversalIndentGUI
|Stable release||1.0.2 / February 12, 2009|
|Type||Code Beautifier Tool|
UniversalIndentGUI is a free software graphical computer application which helps the user to beautify, reformat or indent various kinds of code. UniversalIndentGUI is a graphical front end open to support nearly any existing command line code indent application. One of its main features is a live preview to see directly, how an indenter parameter affects the source code.
Sometimes it is necessary to reformat existing source code. This may happen if you receive a piece of code from someone who absolutely didn't care about formatting and indentation. For your own help you might want to make the code better readable. Also many companies have coding style guidelines and code needs to be adapted to them. To relieve one from doing all the formatting by hand there exist many different indent tools for many programming languages. Sometimes they have many options to fine tune the resulting indentation. But to find out how your code will look like if a parameter is changed, can be really tedious. UniversalIndentGUI has many predefined ini files to be able to support the below mentioned indenters. After having selected an indenter and loaded some code, a live preview can be enabled. Now if an indenter parameter is changed via the graphical user interface, the shown code gets directly updated and thus the indenter affect is visible.
The made settings can be saved to a file and reloaded later. It is also possible to create a batch or shell script using these saved settings and include this script in any kind of automatism to automatically format files.
UniversalIndentGUI is written using the Qt framework.
- Live preview. Directly see how the code is affected by an indenter parameter
- Configurable ini file, open for many indenters. Not yet known indenters can be added by creating a new ini file for them
- Syntax highlighting for many programming languages
- Available as Notepad++ plugin
- Integration as external tool into any IDE or editor supporting external tool calls
- Generation of shell scripts for each indenter with possibility to format whole directories
- Load the settings of an indenter from its existing config file
- Save parameters as indenters config file for later use
- ToolTips for each indenter parameter to know what it does
- Multiple language support. Currently English, French, German, Taiwanese/Chinese, Ukrainian, Russian and partly Japanese
Supported Code Beautifier
- Artistic Styler
- Cobol Beautifier (executable not included in UiGUI)
- Fortran 90 PPR
- GNU Indent
- phpCB (executable not included in UiGUI)
- Ruby Script Beautifier
- Ruby Formatter
- (HTML) Tidy
- XML Indent
By those supported programming languages
- ↑ Info about the application from the original web site.